Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bringing this conversation over from another post in hopes that if others were looking for clubs or events in our area they would see it here under this section. Hopefully, those folks in the other thread don't mind being tagged below.
@AndInConclusion @SKY_RADSTER @SkyVue2

There seems to be a few of us who are in the area and may be interested in doing a few local run's or even forming an ATX Area SKY & Solstice owners group were we can get together once in a while and compare cars, share some knowledge and maybe even some tools. I've done some searches here and elsewhere and I have seen the regional SWSC, but other than that, not much has come up on the subject if one currently is active or not in our area. I've lived in Austin most of my life and I know Austin and the surrounding area is pretty well sprawled out so it may take some work to get all of us together, but I believe we could make it work. I imagine many of you will be north, I myself am southwest of Austin and I'm pretty reasonable on traveling across town if need be every so often. I don't believe we need to look at forming anything formal at this time, but it would be nice to see how much interest there is and obviously with the current COVID-19 climate it will make things a little more difficult. Considering we could safely and effectively manage social distancing protocols and municipality guidelines at this time, please feel free to comment and we can get the ball rolling on a time and date for our first meet. Please feel free to share this as you wish especially with our counterparts over at the Solstice forum.

@stuck and @BlueRL, I know you are both outside the area, but please feel free to chime in if you think you would be in our area or vice versa. Both the coast and the hill country make for terrific drives!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’m in.

I'm bringing this conversation over from another post in hopes that if others were looking for clubs or events in our area they would see it here under this section. Hopefully, those folks in the other thread don't mind being tagged below.
@AndInConclusion @SKY_RADSTER @SkyVue2

There seems to be a few of us who are in the area and may be interested in doing a few local run's or even forming an ATX Area SKY & Solstice owners group were we can get together once in a while and compare cars, share some knowledge and maybe even some tools. I've done some searches here and elsewhere and I have seen the regional SWSC, but other than that, not much has come up on the subject if one currently is active or not in our area. I've lived in Austin most of my life and I know Austin and the surrounding area is pretty well sprawled out so it may take some work to get all of us together, but I believe we could make it work. I imagine many of you will be north, I myself am southwest of Austin and I'm pretty reasonable on traveling across town if need be every so often. I don't believe we need to look at forming anything formal at this time, but it would be nice to see how much interest there is and obviously with the current COVID-19 climate it will make things a little more difficult. Considering we could safely and effectively manage social distancing protocols and municipality guidelines at this time, please feel free to comment and we can get the ball rolling on a time and date for our first meet. Please feel free to share this as you wish especially with our counterparts over at the Solstice forum.

@stuck and @BlueRL, I know you are both outside the area, but please feel free to chime in if you think you would be in our area or vice versa. Both the coast and the hill country make for terrific drives!

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
In.
Just got back from a quick spin through a favorite nearby twisty, Lime Creek Road, to see if Sandy Creek Park is completely locked up or just the boat ramp is closed off. Unfortunately it is totally shut down and inaccessible. Maybe ought to wait a few weeks for the temps to come down out of the 100s to get together?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Maybe this has already been decided or approached so forgive me: How about some dates? Anyone doing anything either Saturday Sept 5 or Sunday September 6, or failing that or as a raincheck, how about either Saturday Sept 12 or Sunday Sept 13? Would any one of those be a reasonable start date for an inaugural ATX CTX Kappa Group meet-up?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe this has already been decided or approached so forgive me: How about some dates? Anyone doing anything either Saturday Sept 5 or Sunday September 6, or failing that or as a raincheck, how about either Saturday Sept 12 or Sunday Sept 13? Would any one of those be a reasonable start date for an inaugural ATX CTX Kappa Group meet-up?
I think those are the first dates so far. I would most likely be amenable to those dates weather and work permitting. Waiting on my stage 1 tune from ZZP at the moment. Hopefully it's here before those dates. Does anyone have a good proposed run and meet up location? Since I'm south i'm pretty familiar with the Wimberley/ Canyon Lake area, but again I imagine most everyone else is well north of the river. So I can head that way too.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Sept. 5th - 6th are Labor Day Weekend so maybe a following week would be better. Hopefully the weather will be more top-down friendly by then. Let's see how many express interest as that would factor in to where we could meet up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sept. 5th - 6th are Labor Day Weekend so maybe a following week would be better. Hopefully the weather will be more top-down friendly by then. Let's see how many express interest as that would factor in to where we could meet up.
Good point on the Labor Day weekend, I’ve lost track of what’s even a holiday or a weekend anymore with COVID. After would probably be better, plus the weather may finally be back in the mid 90's at that point. Maybe set the weekend of the 12-13 tentatively? That also gives plenty of time to figure this out and gain more interest.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’m ok also for either Sept 12 or 13. Let’s agree on either one of those two dates being the initial dates put forward for consensus.

Good point on the Labor Day weekend, I’ve lost track of what’s even a holiday or a weekend anymore with COVID. After would probably be better, plus the weather may finally be back in the mid 90's at that point. Maybe set the weekend of the 12-13 tentatively? That also gives plenty of time to figure this out and gain more interest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey gang, we can shoot for 12-13. We’re in the B/CS area and there are at least 4 Kappas here (that I’ve seen or spoken with).

Anyone up for parade laps at COTA the first weekend in December?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Anyone up for parade laps at COTA the first weekend in December?
Laps at the Circuit of the Americas track in December would be great if they do that this year.

Ran the high speed track up in Ft. Worth a few years ago and that was big fun!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey ATX Kappas. The weather looks like it’s finally starting to cool off just in time for our meet up/drive this Sunday. Forecast currently looks like upper 80’s and a 30 - 40% chance of rain. Of course the rain is welcome after this long hot summer we have had, but it would be nice if it stays clear for Sunday. I know this is still being discussed in two threads, but is everyone still on board for the 11:30am meet up at the County Line BBQ on 2222 and 360? After that have we decided on what run we would like to do? Is there any fresh faces that would like to be joining us in the Austin area?

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I’ll be there

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey ATX Kappas, thanks for coming out and having some BBQ today. I’m going to try and work out some runs in the near future hopefully as soon as next month, weather and attendance permitting. I look forward to meeting more of you and hopefully we can grow these events. I’m going to start posting in the Sol forum and FB as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts