Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in forming a greater Austin area Sky/Soltice Roadster Club for cruising the hill country twisties ?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I am down in Corpus Christi area and cant get any interest down here either.

Reactions: AndInConclusion

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Where’s that: 3 sisters?
That would be out in the Kerrville area southwest of you.
They generally have a kappa rally there every February.

They sometimes stop at a mini-Stonehenge in nearby Ingram, TX.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Nice! I’m in ATX if you ever wanna do photo session

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Anyone care to start a thread requesting a time and date for ATX Area SKY & Solstice owners to meet up? Preferable outside Austin city limits because there may be more than 10 people and you wouldn't want the TravisCo.Mask&MeetingPolice to freakout.

We had the Kappa Nationals in Austin way back in 2011. Was part of the organizing committee and subsequently lead a Run Group. At the time no one was really sure if the annual meetings would even continue after the death of SATURN & PONTIAC.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Anyone care to start a thread requesting a time and date for ATX Area SKY & Solstice owners to meet up? Preferable outside Austin city limits because there may be more than 10 people and you wouldn't want the TravisCo.Mask&MeetingPolice to freakout.

We had the Kappa Nationals in Austin way back in 2011. Was part of the organizing committee and subsequently lead a Run Group. At the time no one was really sure if the annual meetings would even continue after the death of SATURN & PONTIAC.

You can count me in. I've seen at least about 5 or so here on the forum in the Austin/Central Texas area and that's just Sky's, I'm sure there are some more over on the Solstice forum too. Maybe we should have the moderators move this thread over to the Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion/Southwest group for more regional attention? Does the annual Kerrville run in February still happen? I hadn't seen an update on that since 18'.

·
Super Moderator
6,107 Posts
This is a mostly non-meet oriented thread, so rather than move it I suggest that you start another one specifically about organizing a meet.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I can show off my auto nation service bill. New WP, thermostat, battery, fluids, it’s gonna be huuge

·
Registered
186 Posts

This is a mostly non-meet oriented thread, so rather than move it I suggest that you start another one specifically about organizing a meet.
Advice taken, I think it's a great idea and I have started a thread over in the Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion/Southwest section for more exposure for those who may be searching in that area. To those on this thread I have tagged you there as well, hopefully you don't mind. From what I have gathered it appears the much larger regional SWSC club is still active, but may no longer have a presence in our area as they once did. If someone knows otherwise please feel free to let us know and who should be the contact to get in on stated events.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I’m in on this. We could also combine it with cruise through the hills outside ATX followed by a dinner or lunch depending when we start. Those that don’t want to cruise could just meet up at the dinner or lunch end point. Stuff like that.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I’m in on this. We could also combine it with cruise through the hills outside ATX followed by a dinner or lunch depending when we start. Those that don’t want to cruise could just meet up at the dinner or lunch end point. Stuff like that.
Due to web spam bots you may want to edit out your email addy. Can communicate via Direct Messaging on this site.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
How’s about before October? I’m driving the Sky to LaLaLand 01-OCT

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Yes. I can do September anywhere in the greater Austin area and surrounding counties: N, S, E, W, it doesn’t matter
there was a parking garage near penny backer bridge I once went to a Toyota car meetup. Anyway, really great photo ops by Plaza on the Lake

1 - 20 of 40 Posts