Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt look when i test drove the sky and havent seen it anywear.. Does the Sky have the AUTO on headlights like most GM cars now??

·
Registered
115 Posts
i believe so..............:cool:

·
Registered
277 Posts
yes, confirmed:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awsome thanks alot guys!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Confirmed..but my dash lights are not as bright during the day? When I shut off auto...they are bright again? Oh well

·
Registered
304 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
Confirmed..but my dash lights are not as bright during the day? When I shut off auto...they are bright again? Oh well
My current (non-GM) car is the same way and it cost about $15k more, so that may be normal.

·
Registered
234 Posts
When I sat in the showroom with the upgraded radio on the solstice I was thinkin' how unbright the display is... but I turned the key back and it lit up... display looks very good on them!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Lights auto enable when a certain darkness level is reached. When this happens the DIC and Radio display dim and the gauges light up.

If you manually turn on the headlights and it's before the darkness level is reached the gauge lights do not turn on and the DIC + radio do not dim.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was also wondering this question, I didn't know they had the auto lights and the interior light dimming.

BTW, does this seem like it belongs in the Redline section? I mean I'm not trying to be a wise ass, but is the auto dimming only on the Redlines?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
tvieira24 said:
I was also wondering this question, I didn't know they had the auto lights and the interior light dimming.

BTW, does this seem like it belongs in the Redline section? I mean I'm not trying to be a wise ass, but is the auto dimming only on the Redlines?
what do you mean by auto dimming, i think they are talking about the guage and radio lights dimming is all when the automatic headlights activate.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
what do you mean by auto dimming, i think they are talking about the guage and radio lights dimming is all when the automatic headlights activate.
True, but when you get in the car and the lgihts come on under the rear view mirror, they do dimm off as well.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
brentil said:
True, but when you get in the car and the lgihts come on under the rear view mirror, they do dimm off as well.
that is not called auto dimming, that is what they call delayed entry lighting, if you are quick enough with the key before they dim they will turn out as soon as you turn the key on.

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
M 01 SC2 had the same lighting set-up where the interior lights come on when you get in, dim after a few minutes if you don't put the key in. They go off if you put the key in the ignition and start it up before they dim off.

The Sky also has the feature of a 10 minute Retained Accessory Power(RAP)-on after you turn off the ignition-the radio and power windows will have power for another 10 mins if you don't turn it off. Neat if you park and turn the engine off and hear your fav song just start playing on the radio:D

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
tvieira24 said:

No, on all GM vehicles with the auto headlights, which is just about every one these days.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts