Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a list of Auto Shows where a Sky will be on display. The Saturn site has a calendar with 1 show past January ... but I know I've seen a list which has many more than that ... but I can't find it now ...
help anyone?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I know the SKY will be at the DC auto show starting January 24th

·
Registered
25 Posts
The detroit auto show www.naias.com has two skys on display one is blue the other is silver. the show is jan 14-22.

Its probably safe to say that if saturn is there the sky will be too since they wouldn't leave their hot new car out of a show.

·
Registered
17,617 Posts
Parts

Will be interested in purchasing dual exhausts with fascia for SKY....good luck with the new business....any franchises? LOL

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
380 Posts
I went to the NAIAS auto show Saturday

I was disappointed in the way GM presented the Sky at the Detroit show. The whole Saturn display was stuck back in the corner behind all the other GM autos like some step child. Just in front of the Saturn display out in front were two great looking Solstices, a red, and a black. While the Sky was in front of the Saturn line up they only had one blue Sky and it didn't show up well, not like the Solstices. Saturn could have done better. A bright red or yellow would have gotten lots of attention.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
skyfan said:
I was disappointed in the way GM presented the Sky at the Detroit show. The whole Saturn display was stuck back in the corner behind all the other GM autos like some step child. Just in front of the Saturn display out in front were two great looking Solstices, a red, and a black. While the Sky was in front of the Saturn line up they only had one blue Sky and it didn't show up well, not like the Solstices. Saturn could have done better. A bright red or yellow would have gotten lots of attention.
It more then likely had to do with the Solstice GXP announcement being of far more importance then the Sky. Seeing as how the Sky was already announced last year, it's not like it was coming out as a new car.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
skyfan said:
There was also supposed to be a pretty cool enclosed display behind that with stuff projected onto the car. Was this gone, or did you not notice it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
reedred said:
There was also supposed to be a pretty cool enclosed display behind that with stuff projected onto the car. Was this gone, or did you not notice it?
If you go to the show, there is a silver sky in that big red box behind the blue sky. it has images of the chassis and other parts being projected onto it and there is a voice listing off the features, pretty cool if you ask me. I agree that they could have done more to show off the sky, but the GXP is the hot new thing. If memory serves, the GXP was acctually back in the corner away from the main crowd. but they have a cutaway of the engine sitting there that makes up for it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts