Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just attended a two day Evolution driving course. If you have ANY desire to autocross your Sky, or anything else, you just must do this. I have been autocrossing for 27 years an I can tell you that it was the BEST $450 I have ever spent on a car!!

Now, I so REALLY want my Redline. SO many S2000's. so little time!!!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Once I get my GXP since my base car is now sold I plan on saving up for these classes too.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't go with Hoosiers!! :nono: You WILL cord them. :eek: I killed a couple of half season V710's on day one with my TR8. Glad I had some extras!! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Don't go with Hoosiers!! :nono: You WILL cord them. :eek: I killed a couple of half season V710's on day one with my TR8. Glad I had some extras!! :thumbs:
I've got Falken Azenis RT-615s on my current race wheels since they were cheaper and I had desires to do HPDE type things as well so I wanted a better tire I could do both with.

What model Hoosier were you running?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I now have two sets of ;ight used 245/35X18 A6's. The car has been ordered with polished wheels and I have purchased a set of painted wheels from a forum member. Now I need to find out which wheel is lighter.

My plan is to have three sets of wheels - one lightweight set with dry tires, a set with my street tires, and the last with wet tires (not sure what they will be). Since I live about 90 minutes from Heartland Park Topeka I plan on some track days. With the Evolution school behind me (I am going to do it again!) I am going to see if I can be as quick as I was in the late 80's when I OWNED D/SP in the Washington/Baltimore/Harrisburg areas.

First I NEED MY REDLINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead: :brentil: :mad: :banghead: :brentil: :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The polished wheels are the lightest of all the wheels. Just slightly lighter then the painted wheels, and a pound or two lighter then the chrome.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The polished wheels are the lightest of all the wheels. Just slightly lighter then the painted wheels, and a pound or two lighter then the chrome.

I will weigh a Hossier and a painted wheel and post the results.

WHERE THE HELL IS MY CAR ?!?!?!:banghead: :banghead:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts