Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.... just wanted to know if the information i received about washing my new baby is correct????? I was told that i SHOULDNT take my car to an automatic car wash since it came directly from the factory and the paint hasnt cured yet??????? .. just wash her by hand for 90 days or so..... is this right????? or is someone pulling my leg? SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Well, I don't trust Automatic Car Washers, especially the ones that have them spinning dohickeys that can scratch your SKY all-to-hell :nono: . I would not use them. Just the way I feel about them. :cheers: I'm no paint expert but there could be something to that comment but I have no evidence either way to support it or to debunk it. :confused:

Its such a "small" car, wash it by hand if at all possible... :cool:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think i will mind being out in the drive with swimsuit on.. washing her and buffing.. and shining her up at all... looking forward to it actually...... LOVE IT ALREADY... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Well, I don't trust Automatic Car Washers, especially the ones that have them spinning dohickeys that can scratch your SKY all-to-hell :nono: . I would not use them. Just the way I feel about them. :cheers: I'm no paint expert but there could be something to that comment but I have no evidence either way to support it or to debunk it. :confused:

Its such a "small" car, wash it by hand if at all possible... :cool:

Regards,

I have to say I got a chuckle out of your description "spining dohickeys" Thanks for the Sunday afternoon laugh....:lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was always told NEVER :nono: take a convertible through a car wash. The soap they use alone will not be good for the cloth top. May want to see what it says in the owners manual. Unfortunately I am still waiting for my car so dont have one to check!! LOL :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
SkyBaby said:
I dont think i will mind being out in the drive with swimsuit on.. washing her and buffing.. and shining her up at all... looking forward to it actually...... LOVE IT ALREADY... SkyBaby-07
Thanks for the mental picture!!! :willy: :nono: :eek: :crazy:

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
agirltrucker said:
I have to say I got a chuckle out of your description "spining dohickeys" Thanks for the Sunday afternoon laught....:lol:
Glad to help!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

·
Registered
119 Posts
I will never use those "spinning dohickeys" ever again. Although you don't see it unless you are looking my current SL1 has microscratches all over her from those...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:D :cool: :D SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ok Skybaby, you may have started a riot....:lol:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Actually NO AUTO WASHES! Not good for convertables! Go to a wand car wash with the sprayers that aren't high psi (High pressure) Mid pressure is fine. A hand was is always best but I do go to the wand washes. Remember to Use a CLEAN MICROFIBER TOWEL to dry and if you get a chance down the road look into clay barring the car...but that is a whole nother thread!

·
Registered
669 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Thanks for the mental picture!!! :willy: :nono: :eek: :crazy:

Regards,

LOL!:lol: Yep...SkyBaby...I'm sure you'd make quite an impression! :eek:

·
Registered
877 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hey look, theres Sky baby on the left and me on the right...:lol: :cool:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Funny you should mention.... I took my car to the car wash yesterday and due to the size of my wheels (and tires) they had to hand wash it. $25!!!! Oh well, this time was okay since I had driven a pretty long distance on Friday (on business). There was bug gutts everywhere on the window, grill, etc. So I thought letting them do it this one time would be best.

So I will be going to Pep Boys and purchasing all of the necessities to keep the car in excellent shape!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SkyBaby said:
For some reason, I got the sudden urge to watch Cool Hand Luke! :D

Thanks for putting a :) on my face!

·
Registered
483 Posts
My dealer offers free car washes for the life of the car :cool: .

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd go with handwashing just to play it safe. The car isn't that big................:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I've talked to a couple people in the known and Several Sol owners and I know several who have taken them through auto-car washes with no problems.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts