Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those of us who bought the automatic instead of the stick...I just got back from my Saturn dealer. They received the Dark Blue with automatic. We made the right decision. Aside from being smoother than stick (as noted by other members and test drivers at Wilmington) the interior is drop dead gorgeous...it looks great the automatic. Also the metal pedals...WOW...we are going to be happy...happier...happiest...If anyone has a bad heart, don't let them go near this car. They will drop dead:cheers:

MarlboroMike
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
I understand the need for Automatic. Some people just can't drive standard for whatever reason. But as I have said many times it is a roadster. That brings up visions of ragtops, small cars, standard transmission and not a lot of options.

I am happy to hear the automatics are starting to arrive though. It supprised the hell out of me that they were coming in already. I didn't think we'd see them for a few more weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
They must have that line a hummin :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rick112 said:
I understand the need for Automatic. Some people just can't drive standard for whatever reason. But as I have said many times it is a roadster. That brings up visions of ragtops, small cars, standard transmission and not a lot of options.

I am happy to hear the automatics are starting to arrive though. It supprised the hell out of me that they were coming in already. I didn't think we'd see them for a few more weeks.
Rick..got to tell you..I wanted to get the stick shift...I learned on Stick myself, but my son complained..so what does a dad to do...I got the automatic. Have to say this! I am glad I did. If u look at the console...it grabs your attention immediately. The chrome is done so well for this car. Glad I listened to sonny boy...if u know what I mean.

MarlboroMike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
I've never owned a manual transmission car but had to get it in the SKY. I've been learning to drive one just for this vehicle.

Mrjester
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MrJ...this car looks appealing whatever u have in it....even the driver:) but i am prejudiced because i did see the automatic in person...and liked it...but that is me...

MarlboroMike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
It's the look of the car that attracted me.. :)

You'll be happy with whatever you end up with in the long run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Well I have driven Manuals and automatics in many different types of vehicles, from a 50HP Beetle to a 325HP Corvette and I must say A manual transmission in ANY vehicle feels more sporty... it may not be any more sporty but it makes you feel it is, and isn't that the whole idea for a car like this? But even if there was no manual I would still own a Sky...:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have to agree with u...it is more sporty...but take a look at the automatic. That is what we call... Compromising Positions. Giving up sport for a phenomenal interior...I wouldn't go that far as phenomenal, but more attractive than stick.

MarlboroMike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
MrJester said:
I've never owned a manual transmission car but had to get it in the SKY. I've been learning to drive one just for this vehicle.

Mrjester
Same, although I wanted a car with a manual ever since I saw most of my car friends driving them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
i would love to drive a standard...but a wrist injury doesn't allow me to. My SKY has been ordered as an automatic and will be in in 3 weeks :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
Seems to be something about using both feet, and both hands in an co-ordinated effort, on a curving road. That's for me Rummmmmmm, Rummmmmmm Rummmmmmmmm Rummmmmmmmmm.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right Decision

Karen....u will be very very HAPPY...get to see the automatic...up close. You will know u made the right decision...

MarlboroMike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
Well as for me, since I can drive 10 gears I guess 5 would be a breeze :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Well as for me, since I can drive 10 gears I guess 5 would be a breeze :lol:
You'll end up with shifting withdrawl :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
NO kidding. By the way wheres the splitter???? :willy: (for those who are not familiar with semi's that the button on the stick shift that changes it from low to high gears)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
agirltrucker said:
NO kidding. By the way wheres the splitter???? (for those who are not familiar with semi's that the button on the stick shift that changes it from low to high gears)
Maybe you can get it as an option :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
nighttripper said:
Maybe you can get it as an option :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good idea will ask :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
Something about a roadster just screams "Manual Transmission" to me. I know that people have different reasons for wanting automatic, many of which are very real valid reasons... but for me, I could never go with auto with a car like this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
marlboromike said:
Rick..got to tell you..I wanted to get the stick shift...I learned on Stick myself, but my son complained..so what does a dad to do...I got the automatic. Have to say this! I am glad I did. If u look at the console...it grabs your attention immediately. The chrome is done so well for this car. Glad I listened to sonny boy...if u know what I mean.

MarlboroMike
You have my curiosity -- Why would the interior look any different in an auto as to compared to a Manual -- You put a chrome PRD345 plate on the opening and remove one pedal... Oh and a Tee handle on the shifter (not sure). . .
I can see why people would want automatic and have absolutely no problem with that - but I just can't picture any real difference in looks. Any pictures??
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top