Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
mono01 said:
can anyone tell me how the automatic shifts in the sky and what kind of speed.thank you.

This has been discussed in several threads on these forums. It's a 5sp auto - no tiptronic modes, no sport modes, just a set and forget automatic. Many people who have driven the auto have been very pleased with it and its quick shifting. I have not have the chance to test one out yet.

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
Besides, like most autos you may be able to adjust your shift speed in the PCM or with a shift kit. I have an auto tranny that will just about break your neck when it shifts. I'll chirp the tires on the 2-3 around 90 mph...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Robotech said:
Besides, like most autos you may be able to adjust your shift speed in the PCM or with a shift kit. I have an auto tranny that will just about break your neck when it shifts. I'll chirp the tires on the 2-3 around 90 mph...
My SC2's auto tranny shifts and you cant even feel it. There is no 'back off' of power when it shifts (unless you are flooring it), you can just hear the engine slow when it upshifts and see the rpm needle drop, but shift cant even be felt. Nice nice!

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
ku4zs said:
My SC2's auto tranny shifts and you cant even feel it. There is no 'back off' of power when it shifts (unless you are flooring it), you can just hear the engine slow when it upshifts and see the rpm needle drop, but shift cant even be felt. Nice nice!
Yes, but does it complete the shift in 0.025 seconds? LOL I also doubt the SC2 is putting 300+ hp to the wheels. LOL I wouldn't want that kind of shifting in a cay like the Sky anyway, but just saying that you can change the speed and firmness of shifts in an Auto if you don't like the factory setting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts