Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autoweek: Saturn claims 0-60 in 4.9 secs, in 9-11 issue

That beats the previous 5.5 secs i have read.

tino

·
Registered
138 Posts
COOL i was hoping for under 5 would be nice__i figured the rl would be little more aero with the more cut front end then the sol.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Autoweek: Saturn claims 0-60 in 4.9 secs, in 9-11 issue

That beats the previous 5.5 secs i have read.

tino

Does anybody get Autoweek??

Can anyone confirm these times??

Everyone who has so-called tested the car or written an article has just referenced the "GM times" of 5.5 claims... Even the video posted earlier in the week, the rider said that "GM claims"... so no actual independent test...

If in fact this is an actual road test, maybe it is true...

We need confirmation and the facts.... with actual production vehicles, NOT Pre-Production!!

I have checked out Autoweeks site and Googled WWW to death and no confirmation so far....:banghead:

Hopefully Tino reads his post again today and gets us the hard facts of the test!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
just for your reference ,
here in Greece 99% of magazines that tested an s2k never achieved a better time for 0-62miles of 5.9secs.

I keep reading in foreign mags 5.8-5.7..but 5.3?????
just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Does anybody get Autoweek??

Can anyone confirm these times??

Everyone who has so-called tested the car or written an article has just referenced the "GM times" of 5.5 claims... Even the video posted earlier in the week, the rider said that "GM claims"... so no actual independent test...

If in fact this is an actual road test, maybe it is true...

We need confirmation and the facts....

I have checked out Autoweeks site and Googled WWW to death and no confirmation so far....:banghead:

FYI
Automobile Magazine measured a GXP at equivalent of 5.4 seconds (subtracting rollout, which seems to be the standard), Sept. 2006

October C&D measured GXP at 5.6 seconds.

October MT tested GXP at 5.5 seconds.

RedLines expected to be pretty much the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
just for your reference ,
here in Greece 99% of magazines that tested an s2k never achieved a better time for 0-62miles of 5.9secs.

I keep reading in foreign mags 5.8-5.7..but 5.3?????
just my humble opinion.
you're absolutely right ΜΕΓΑΣ, my bad

I was thinking 5,2 for the S2000 instead of the official 6,2. Taking into consideration the weight advantage of s2000 1260kg to 1395kg for the Sky R/L I reckon 5,5 or allegedly lower for 0-62 is fantastic

So torque it is I guess

·
Registered
138 Posts
yes i agree that seem a little fast

i think my hayabusa was o to 100 in less the 5 seconds not sure

so show your respect when you see a 2 wheeler LOL

·
Registered
444 Posts
you're absolutely right ΜΕΓΑΣ, my bad

I was thinking 5,2 for the S2000 instead of the official 6,2. Taking into consideration the weight advantage of s2000 1260kg to 1395kg for the Sky R/L I reckon 5,5 or allegedly lower for 0-62 is fantastic

So torque it is I guess
S2000's have only 237HP @ 7800rpm and only 162lbs/ft torque @ 6800!

If the RL has 260hp & 260lbs/ft it must be the torque amount and where it is delivered at only 2500rpm....:thumbs:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote from text:

"Speaking of fun, expect a 0-60 mph time of less than five seconds, Saturn says."

Then the caption on a pic:

"0 TO 60 MPH: 4.9 seconds {mfr}"

So doubt that is was a typo. Could still be an honest mistake, though, i guess.

tino

·
Registered
444 Posts
Quote from text:

"Speaking of fun, expect a 0-60 mph time of less than five seconds, Saturn says."

Then the caption on a pic:

"0 TO 60 MPH: 4.9 seconds {mfr}"

So doubt that is was a typo. Could still be an honest mistake, though, i guess.

tino

Can you scan the article?

Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I can't believe the S2K can do 0-60 in 5.3 seconds..............they are SLOW cars. I've never lost to one on the street or at the track and my buddy raced one in his stock(other than exhaust) 02 Olds Aurora v6 and was dead even...............I know the Olds doesn't do 5.3 seconds. lol

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
No f'in way. notgonnahappen.com

To get to 4.9, they would need 325+ hp and a REALLY grippy tire...
Agree....:agree:

Unless....it was a downhill run on a 7% grade with a 80 MPH gust from behind. :bs:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.