Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not exactly news or even very spcific, but, I just received a small pamphlet in the mail from Saturn which says:

Sky Red Line (available Fall 2006)
Aura Sedan (available Fall 2006)
Outlook (available early 2007)

So Winter officially starts when, December 21st, right, so the end of Fall is December 20th. Meaning that if they deliver the first Red Line by December 20th the statemens of available Fall 2006 are accurate, right?

Which works well for me actually since I have a current lease that ends in mid November - so if I can figure out when to place an order to take delivery in November I can avoid either having two car payments in the same month or no car for too long.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Order NOW. As soon as they announce pricing your retailer will sell out, just like they did for the N/A SKY. IMO there will be very few units allocated so if you are not on a very short list you will have a very long wait.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Some retailers are not taking orders. Mine doesn't want a deposit or anything until they actually start taking official orders, which is sometime after whenever pricing is announced.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Lil GTO said:
... Meaning that if they deliver the first Red Line by December 20th the statements of available Fall 2006 are accurate, right?
Statements are made to be changed...lol

In the June issue of mags, the Saturn advertisements are reading "Available summer 2006" which most people don't believe will happen.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Lil GTO said:
I know this is not exactly news or even very spcific, but, I just received a small pamphlet in the mail from Saturn which says:

Sky Red Line (available Fall 2006)
Aura Sedan (available Fall 2006)
Outlook (available early 2007)

So Winter officially starts when, December 21st, right, so the end of Fall is December 20th. Meaning that if they deliver the first Red Line by December 20th the statemens of available Fall 2006 are accurate, right?

Which works well for me actually since I have a current lease that ends in mid November - so if I can figure out when to place an order to take delivery in November I can avoid either having two car payments in the same month or no car for too long.
Your right ! That's what I've been saying I don't think you will see any earlier than October. Probably later.

The bummer for me is ,if I don't see our GXP untill October/November it goes right in the garage for the winter living in Ct. and come's back out in April. So if that's the case I won't mind if it doesn't come untill March. I'm first on the list and I won't pass up my spot because then I might not get one untill end of 2007 or 2008.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Axel said:
Lil GTO said:
... Meaning that if they deliver the first Red Line by December 20th the statements of available Fall 2006 are accurate, right?
In the June issue of mags, the Saturn advertisements are reading "Available summer 2006" which most people don't believe will happen.
I believe they screwed up in the ad, they have been saying Fall since they announced that they are building the GXP'S.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Axel said:
Statements are made to be changed...lol

Those full page fold out ads are pissing me off. Classic "cart before the horse tactics." The cars are not out yet, the demand is tight but lets make demand higher so it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a car in the first two years. I personally think the ad campaign for the Sky Redline should NOT have started until after it hit dealers (there is enough demand right now without ads to snap up all the first couple months of production if not longer). Saturn should be focusing on advertising the Aura not the Sky Redline!

·
Registered
623 Posts
deluke said:
Axel said:
I believe they screwed up in the ad, they have been saying Fall since they announced that they are building the GXP'S.
Or it could be marketing run amoke.... I hate marketing...

·
Registered
234 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Saturn should be focusing on advertising the Aura not the Sky Redline!
QFT!

This is going to be the bread and butter volume make or break car... The Sky is there to get the people in to see this car.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Jordan said:
QFT!

This is going to be the bread and butter volume make or break car... The Sky is there to get the people in to see this car.
I understand that the Sky Redline is the "Halo" Saturn Car, but you can't see either at the dealer right now. Hence I think spreading the word about the Aura (and Outlook) is better use of marketing.

Since Saturn is going thru a rebirth people are going to see these ads and go to the dealer to see Ion's, Vue's, Relay's and maybe a single regular Sky. Not exactly what I call a winning solution.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts