Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
So the short of it seems to be that if any members on this forum find out about a product that performs well or benefits their Sky owning experience in any way whatever, they are NOT allowed to recommend or even mention it on this forum unless it is being sold by a current vender or "possible" future vender. I think this is a total diservice to anyone on the forum. I think the moderators are going overboard by enforcing "grey" areas. I frequent many forums including corvetteforum and people there have more freedom....because the rules are different...no, because they use common sense in enforcing them.

I think a Big Deal was made out of nothing when 2 people wanted to let others know where Skys were available....ESPECIALLY in light of this forum NOT even having any Saturn dealers as paid sponsors.

·
Registered
276 Posts
triple black said:
Can you list all the Saturn Dealers that support this forum?
1. Zero
2. Zilch
3. Maybe Someday
4. Possibly Whenever
5. Hopefully Soon
6. Not Today
7. In Waiting

Did I omit any of the paid sponsoring dealers?? :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
I respect the rules of this forum. It's just that this forum is here to help all the members. I am trying to help them get their Sky faster, if at all. I have no financial gain. I could care less where you get your Sky. But, if I can help guide someone then I think I should be able to do it. None of this forum's sponsors sells cars. They should want everyone of us to own one so maybe they could sell more accessories. I know this might be going 1 step too far but I feel strongly that we are here to help each other and give each other some needed advice about what I consider a revolutionary car.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
jdigiant said:
it has led to an interesting discussion, and I have enjoyed it. But as for me, being a good rule-follower, I am not going to post about any more available cars. In fact, I probably won't post much of anything at all. I'm sure I'll be told if there is a rule against that buried deep in a thread over at the Studebaker forum or something.

Sorry for causing all the trouble.
jdigant, you haven't caused any trouble - normal growing pains that I guess I should have tempered in my own post. Literally, a few months ago, we just went through all of this on Solsticeforum, and it led to some heated discussion.

Please feel free to participate here, and don't mind me...

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
triple black said:
Can you list all the Saturn Dealers that support this forum?
None as mentioned, but if we let people post stock and dealer information all they want then why would any dealer want to advertise here? There are literally 1/6th the number of Saturn dealers as there are Pontiac of Chevy dealers. It's going to take some time to get some dealers to decide to support since a lot of them don't even know we exist yet.

·
Registered
276 Posts
brentil said:
None as mentioned, but if we let people post stock and dealer information all they want then why would any dealer want to advertise here? There are literally 1/6th the number of Saturn dealers as there are Pontiac of Chevy dealers. It's going to take some time to get some dealers to decide to support since a lot of them don't even know we exist yet.
Also because most dealers can easily sell every one they can get, so why advertise ??

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ain't that the truth.

I would imagine the only advertisers that may be interested would be those that have after-market products.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Way2Fast said:
Also because most dealers can easily sell every one they can get, so why advertise ??
Eventually the market will become semi-saturated and it'll become more dificult to sell cars. Having well set roots into a community like this ensures customers know who you are.

Question for our sales people on the forum. I've heard Saturn dealers aren't allowed to advertise outside their region, which might cause some dealers to hesitate about marketing through us. Riddle me this, why is it ok for Saturn dealerships to advertise themselves and car stock via autotrader.com then?

·
Registered
304 Posts
My $.02.

The dealers already pay at some level to have their inventory listed on one of GM's official sites. If an individual has made it to here they certainly then have the ability to use GM's product locater function. You can fan out from where you live by serching outlying zip codes. You will find vehicles and dealer contact info. And then you are on your own to contact them.

Rules here (and being asked to stick to them) mirror the situation at not only solsticeforum.com but also corvetteforum from which these sites were birthed.

As free as society today might seem, this site and its related sites are not publicly funded but are privately owned. Their use as a public (by membership) forum remains at the discretion of the owner. A vast amount of thought and re-writing has gone into the development of the set of rules we live by on these sites.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts