Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this morning was not good for me and Nitesky, I clipped a curb that was jutting out in the roadway, I now need two new wheels and two new tires...
I have been down that same road a few thousand times and never one time did I come close to hitting it, I have no idea how i was so close to it...
needless to say, I am heartbroke...:banghead:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Well this morning was not good for me and Nitesky, I clipped a curb that was jutting out in the roadway, I now need two new wheels and two new tires...
I have been down that same road a few thousand times and never one time did I come close to hitting it, I have no idea how i was so close to it...
Damn, do you think insurance will cover it?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
That is disaster!:willy:
Yikes - I hope insurance will cover some...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Mistakes happen..we are human.......

You will get new ones soon...and in a little while it will just be a bad memory...but right now....it will be a tough few days.......

Chris

·
Registered
50 Posts
SKY BABY did you not pick up the tire and wheel insurance? ouch let us know what the street value and replacement will be. Sorry to hear that she needs new shoes already.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey What about this as a oppotunity for those.......

Kappasphere Wheels...They are nice! :cool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MRSVIPER said:
Damn, do you think insurance will cover it?
my collision is covering it, I just have to pay a 100 dollar deductable...
now I have 2 claims on this car in 4 months....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
chris67 said:
Kappasphere Wheels...They are nice! :cool:
insurance won;t pay for those... especially at $999
then I would have to shell out another 2 grand for two more matching wheels... No thanks...

I am not made out of money.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
So sorry to hear the baby was hurt

Sorry SkyMan - just be happy it was only the wheels and tires. She'll be fixed up and running the road in no time! Take care of yourself and of Nitesky

....sky fits heaven...so DRIVE it!

Aloha, jon tiki

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here is a diagram of how the road looks, and at 5 am i guess my concentration wasn't all it should have been....

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
youchy..... i am very sorry to hear that..... she will be fixed up in a jiffy... i am hoping........ SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If it's any consolation, I found a HUGE scrape.... well I didn't my friend did. I thought he was kidding around when he told me (to get me out of the house to lock me out), but he took his camera and sure enough, on the passenger side front bumper (just low enough for MOST not to see, but for me to know is there) is a pretty decent scrape about 8-9" long and through the paint. I have no idea what happened, but my husband told me that when I pull up to spots, etc, I really need to turn down the music so I can hear for stuff like that. I plan on getting it fixed, I hope before my aftermarket catback exhaust system is put on, planned mid-August. I guess it'll be about $500 at worst. If you're not looking, you wont see it, but still a total bummer to me.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Please be civil

Folks, keep it clean. Don't throw barbs at other members.

I've deleted about half of the posts in this thread, because of the original post and the follow on posts.

We all want this to be a welcoming place, and each of us must do our parts to maintain that welcoming atmosphere.

Let's stay civil and friendly, OK?

·
Super Moderator
11,487 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:

I've deleted about half of the posts in this thread, because of the original post and the follow on posts.

We all want this to be a welcoming place, and each of us must do our parts to maintain that welcoming atmosphere.

You've got to be kidding me? This thread got out of hand? How? Jeeze...some people's children.

Angel, I know of a GREAT body place out by me in Riverside. They did my front bumper and you can't tell it was ever retouched. $200. I have that same scrape on my car too...it's worse on the dark color though. I will have them fix it sometime.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Crimson Avenger said:

now I wonder what I missed.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yeah me too.....

When I was last on everybody was just giving condolonces on the wheels???!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
meee toooo ......what did I miss???

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Tire And Wheel Pictures

i took a couple pictures today, and after looking at the back wheel in the DAY light it looks to me it just may be sciuffed a little and may be able to be buffed out... I will find out tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:

Don't let anyone give you a hard time over this. Anyone who hasn't actually done the same thing has come close at one time or another. I drove past the same pothole on the edge of the road for almost a year (hey, this is rural Oklahoma...they don't fix potholes, they just wait for the rest of the road to crumble so it matches) before I had a total brain fade on the way to work at 5AM and hit it. Nothing different that morning than any other morning...I just hit it. :brentil: Cost me two tires and a rim. That was fun explaining to my wife and my insurance agent. I truely understand your pain.

patiently waiting (yeah, right :crazy:)
Green/Tan
5 spd, Leather
LSD, CAI

1 - 20 of 30 Posts