Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first SKY has been semi-officially named "Baby." Normally we just referred to our cars by brand or Model... "The Pontiac" or "the Ranger." My wife's VUE has always been "the Saturn." So my SKY became "the Baby Saturn" or later, just "Baby" to save time so we could get in it and start zooming sooner...

But now, with another SKY in the works, I needed a different name for #2. "The Red Line" sounds too impersonal. I really like the names "Mayhem" and "Banshee" - but I decided to go with something a bit more abstract. With the 9/11 Commemorative Plates and all, I think an appropriate name would be:

SPIRIT

This works for me on several levels... First - everybody sing along with me, "I'm goin' up to Spirit the SKY... That's what I'm gonna drive 'til I die..."

Second, I love the scene in "Life of Brian" where Pontious Pilate proclaims, "the little wascal has spiwit!" Something tells me that my little rascal will have spirit, too.

So that's it. "SPIRIT the SKY."

Just thought you all would like to know...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Perfect! That is, if you're going to give your car a name??????

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds great.....I'm sure your Red Line will be full of Spirit.:thumbs:

·
Registered
358 Posts
My first SKY has been semi-officially named "Baby." Normally we just referred to our cars by brand or Model... "The Pontiac" or "the Ranger." My wife's VUE has always been "the Saturn." So my SKY became "the Baby Saturn" or later, just "Baby" to save time so we could get in it and start zooming sooner...

But now, with another SKY in the works, I needed a different name for #2. "The Red Line" sounds too impersonal. I really like the names "Mayhem" and "Banshee" - but I decided to go with something a bit more abstract. With the 9/11 Commemorative Plates and all, I think an appropriate name would be:

SPIRIT

This works for me on several levels... First - everybody sing along with me, "I'm goin' up to Spirit the SKY... That's what I'm gonna drive 'til I die..."

Second, I love the scene in "Life of Brian" where Pontious Pilate proclaims, "the little wascal has spiwit!" Something tells me that my little rascal will have spirit, too.

So that's it. "SPIRIT the SKY."

Just thought you all would like to know...
A
When I die and they lay me to rest
A D
I'm gonna go to the place that's the best
D A
Don't you know that when I die
E A
Goin' on up to the spirit in the sky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts