Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: The only reason I am online at this terrible hour on a Sunday is because I am at work...what's your excuse!? And, yes, I am hungover.... But I'm looking forward to tonight...Happy Hour Sushi with some friends and a second viewing of Taladega Nights...yes, it is that good...but I digress....

Back to my original point. Yesterday eve whilst motoring home on The Vino, I spotted a Saturn Sky. It was in the exact colors I had ordered. I chased the car down and took a good long look. I immediately called my salesrep and had my order changed back to black. The graphite was that dissappointing. It looked more like a flat grey...it was terrible. I'm so glad I saw it up close. Plus, if you check out the link below, you'll see that the Sky in Black is the fastest one you can get...so, the choice is really quite obvious....

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5056&highlight=fastest+color

·
Registered
141 Posts
Taladega Nights

You are thefirst I've heard that actually liked that movie.... the 1st of possibly Thousands.....:eek: :confused:

·
Registered
316 Posts
it was a good movie i thought. black is the way to go

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am amazed at how many people see my Midnight blue and say, "Oh, I thought it was black".

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ken said:
You are thefirst I've heard that actually liked that movie.... the 1st of possibly Thousands.....:eek: :confused:
Have you seen it?...I'd be willing to bet that it'll be the number one movie in the country two weeks running. In my mind that would indicate a good word of mouth for the movie.:jester:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
In defense of the Graphite --

It looks much better when clean, dull is hardly an adjective I would use to describe it when its sparkling after a good wash.

Also hungover,
~SC2

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I liked Taledega Nights, but then I'm not a fan of NASCAR.

Opps! Gotta run. Beach Volleyball game on!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Black is the Fastest color

Once you go BLACK , you will never go back...On a Saturn SKY that is..

·
Registered
105 Posts
sinister black

The local dlr has a red Sky, which is nice, no question, but when I told him the R/L I had on order was black he looked around almost sheepishly and said in a hushed tone, "Yes, black! They're so ... so ... sinister."

Agree.

Scott/Minneapolis

·
Registered
514 Posts
akinmb said:
Disclaimer: The only reason I am online at this terrible hour on a Sunday is because I am at work...what's your excuse!? And, yes, I am hungover.... But I'm looking forward to tonight...Happy Hour Sushi with some friends and a second viewing of Taladega Nights...yes, it is that good...but I digress....

Back to my original point. Yesterday eve whilst motoring home on The Vino, I spotted a Saturn Sky. It was in the exact colors I had ordered. I chased the car down and took a good long look. I immediately called my salesrep and had my order changed back to black. The graphite was that dissappointing. It looked more like a flat grey...it was terrible. I'm so glad I saw it up close. Plus, if you check out the link below, you'll see that the Sky in Black is the fastest one you can get...so, the choice is really quite obvious....

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5056&highlight=fastest+color
Thats what I was worried about with the Graphite, no metal flakes huh? I was worried it would look like the color of Bondo, you have confirmed my suspicions.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
TOY4TWO said:
Thats what I was worried about with the Graphite, no metal flakes huh? I was worried it would look like the color of Bondo, you have confirmed my suspicions.
I'm not sure what you mean about metal flakes, but the Graphite does have something in its paint that is highly reflective and it is not a flat color by any means.

I took some closeups of the paint so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm with you. My spouse, my Mom and my best friend all wanted me to order the graphite, as they all thought it looked the best, was easier to keep clean, and less hot in the heat of day. Uhh huh. I ordered the black because I thought it looked the sexiest. Don't get me wrong, black cars are a pain to keep clean, but I still think nothing looks better than a freshly washed black car. And with chrome wheels...woo hoo!:cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
stacib said:
I'm with you. My spouse, my Mom and my best friend all wanted me to order the graphite, as they all thought it looked the best, was easier to keep clean, and less hot in the heat of day. Uhh huh. I ordered the black because I thought it looked the sexiest. Don't get me wrong, black cars are a pain to keep clean, but I still think nothing looks better than a freshly washed black car. And with chrome wheels...woo hoo!:cool:

I had decided on Red until I saw a Black Saturn Ion. That decided me, I changed to Black. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
One interesting thing....A black car does not get as good Gas Mileage as a lighter car!

·
Registered
358 Posts
1994SC2 said:
I'm not sure what you mean about metal flakes, but the Graphite does have something in its paint that is highly reflective and it is not a flat color by any means.

I took some closeups of the paint so you can see what I mean.
Awesome pics of the color Love it! It's like the sky at night full of stars:thumbs:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had originally ordered black. Every time I close my eyes and picture a Sky it's black. However, every time I saw a Saturn on the road that was black I took a really good look at the car and noticed a lot of orange peel in the paint... I figured that there might be a problem with Saturns' paint process...so I decided to switch to the graphite...but after I saw that one up close the other day, I just couldn't stick with it... I figure as long as I keep the car really clean and give it a good detailing once a month it'll continue to look brilliant.:thumbs:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Oh yeah! Black is the hardest to keep clean, but oh so beautiful when it is clean....Good choice....

·
Registered
248 Posts
I personally prefer my midnite blue. Looks like black from a far but up close you get a classy sexy color that really turns heads.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts