Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to share some photos of a picnic at my brothers house on the Fourth of July

These pictures show a ROADSTER.(sorry for the caps.) This is the type of car that got me interested in roadsters. It has been my brothers since about 1960. Second owner. Completely taken apart, body acid dipped, complete frame up restoration, all original parts except for the color. 1954 A104 Austin
Healey

I fell in love with these types of cars & drove several types of roadsters over the years & could not get enough. With all due respect to the opinions of many others on this forum, it does not have an automatic top, roll up windows ( side curtains), cup holders, seat belts (that was how it was), tons of power, or any of the other things that I hear of as complaints. It was a true roadster, & just a joy to drive. if I may quote a recent post:

Quote:
Our cars are sports cars, two seater roadsters, cars that offer a total driving experience, total driver involvement, knowing how to down shift, up shift, what the tach is for, how to use you 4 cyl. engines high revs for max performance, how to find that perfect line for that set of twisties ahead, what is heel/ toe, hell the romance of a winding country road, top down on a crisp fall day, nothing compares to that except, really good sex maybe. NAH, not even then.

I'm not saying that acceleration isn't important, sure it is but it certainly isn't all what driving is about. If you ever get the oppertunity to drive a T series MG, 1946 to 1955, grab it. I promise you a driving experience like you have never had before. These British, 2 seater roadsters are the spiritual ancestors of every 2 seater roadster you see today, including our much anticipated and much loved SKY and Solstice.
Unquote

I am not trying to show disrespect for anyones differing opinions. Just trying to state how I feel about my Sky Roadster & the line from which all designs have descended.

Thank you for the opportunity to rant & share my feelings.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Back to the future part 2 (0801)

One More

Attachments

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I had a 1972 MGB and that is why I really am looking forward to getting and driving my Sky. That feeling of the open road with a roadster with all it's quirks and oddities. I could get a pretty nice sedan with all the comforts of home but then I might as well stay at home.

I want to get that roadster feeling back again.

P.S. ozyman222 nice pics but you got to work on that focus button!:D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wow that is one nice car! oh and the Austin is nice too :jester:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RMFNSKY said:
P.S. ozyman222 nice pics but you got to work on that focus button!:D

It was on auto focus. Last time I will trust that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can relate....

It was a 53 MG TD for me. What a beautiful car that was. I was not yet born when it was built, but first drove it when it was 25 year old. That is the spirit of a roadster I was looking for and got.

And, no car I've driven since, until the Sky, has garnered so much attention.

jonm

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Lets hope when our Skys are that old people still love them as much as that old girl. She is beautiful.

·
Registered
478 Posts
For me it was a 73 MG Midget. That was the last year they made it with chrome bumpers. It had a tiny 4 cylindar engine, Lucas Electric parts that never worked, carbs that would not stay in adjustment, a top that leaked like a sieve and a gas gauge that always said empty. I had to rebuild the engine, fix lots and lots of various problems, scrounge parts from several junk yards and carry a tool kit in the trunk. I made more than a few roadside repairs. I loved that car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts