Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems that I have a nack for having weird things happen to me while I try to nail down the details of a Kappa purchase.
Background
I have been in contact with the same Saturn salesperson since the "Curve" was announced. As that design gave way for the current Sky design I continued to learn more and more about the Solstice from our sister site. As soon as the Sky was formally announced by GM I pressed my salesguy for more and more info.He did what he could.
Great Customer Sevice from a north Richmond VA Saturn Dealership: (Yeah Right :banghead: )
Two days ago the guy I had been talking with all along called me to say that they had a Sky in and that I should come up to check it out. Two days later I stopped by. While he and I talked I found out that the car was in the back for it's PDI. I was told it was sold. I didn't care about that as I am waiting for the Red Line. I asked if I could see it. From across the room a woman (I later found out was the GM) in a somewhat loud voice said "No" I asked why not? She said it's against policy and insurance regs. I asked if the car could be brought outside so I could look at it there...Again the answer was "No". I told her I didn't want to touch it or sit in it I just wanted to see it. Again, "No". My salesperson just looked at the floor and had nothing to say. I was pissed! Why was I called up there I asked? No answer.:mad: Anyway, yesterday I got another call saying the guy that was going to buy it was going to pass on this car. I was told come on up and you can see it. I went up this morning and while I was talking over the details of the car this same women came up and took the keys right out of my guy's hand and moved the car to the other side of the lot. I could not believe it. I think it will be a cold day in hell before they see me again.There is no possible excuse for this kind of treatment. :nono:

·
Registered
256 Posts
That is horrendous. I would call the Saturn Customer Satisfaction Line and complain. My dealership, (insert plug here) Waldorf Saturn has been excellent. I've gone in a few times and have sat with the sales guy and GM and talked about all kinds of cars. I know they are busy, but they always make me feel like I'm a valued customer. Waldorf is probably 1.5 hours from you but it might be worth it. At last check, they had some spots open.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
What a witch (with a b) she is. If that was me, I would find out who the owner is and file a formal complaint, I dont blame you for not going back, but that should not stop you from doing anything about it. Dont let that human (not worth calling her a woman) get away with it... :brentil:

·
Registered
113 Posts
sounds like she already had an idea who she wanted it to go to and was trying to discourage you

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AGT; Your right about not letting her get away with this, but... It's done, and it seems like a waste of mental energy. The owner put this person in charge of this store so who is to say he is not the same way? I did find out a little info. that might have had something to do with her attitude. It seems that the guy that offered to buy the car did not really want it from the start. He told them he had to drive it before he would buy it. After the demo. he told them thanks, but I want a Sky with a automatic and walked away. Still and all this woman had no axe to grind with me, but she did anyway. On second thought, maybe I will call Saturn and let them know of my experience. That way the heat (if there is any) comes to the owner and this stores GM. I might be an interesting experience at that.:cheers: I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Chip, Good luck to you whatever you decide. I know there is a better Sky down the road for ya. Im sooo sorry about what happended. Keep us posted :cheers:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Chip, this is not the first thread I have read about this store in Richmond. With enough negative press, the GSM will not be around long. What comes around goes around:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Chip said:
AGT; Your right about not letting her get away with this, but... It's done, and it seems like a waste of mental energy. The owner put this person in charge of this store so who is to say he is not the same way?
Chip, having your say when things are not right does provoke change. I would be all over this if I was you. Remember change is good. A preachy Skip before Sunday even......:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Chip,
You're right on with your comments, and you are not the only one who has observed or been treated rudely at that dealership. I've posted other times about the way this manager treats the sales staff.

Your comments are right on the money. I've been undecided whether to make a report, as I figure it's the owners problem, but the way that manager snubs even the sales staff is irritating.

I will not be buying any future Saturns at that franchise while that manager is there, that's why I'm conducting my business 70 miles away.

Great post, long live a free market and the free flow of information between consumers.

Knowledge is Power!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
skyepilot said:
why would they care about you. this is a woman's car! they will sell everyone they get in, no problem.

get over it.
:bs: But then, what do you expect from a brand new poster with no info on profile :nonod:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Skip said:
Chip, having your say when things are not right does provoke change. I would be all over this if I was you. Remember change is good. A preachy Skip before Sunday even......:cheers: :cheers:
You are right Skip! AGT caused me to rethink my position and I filed a complaint with Saturn. I don't really think much will come of it, but if I can prevent someone else from being treated in the manner that I was I will feel it was worth the effort. The Fredericksburg Saturn dealership will be my next contact.
Wow, how many Richmond folks we got here anyway? Seems like a bunch.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Chip said:
You are right Skip! AGT caused me to rethink my position and I filed a complaint with Saturn. I don't really think much will come of it, but if I can prevent someone else from being treated in the manner that I was I will feel it was worth the effort.
Wow, how many Richmond folks we got here anyway? Seems like a bunch.:cheers:
Good for you Chip, and we are behind you too :thumbs:

·
Registered
295 Posts
The squeaky wheel gets the greasin'. -Mr. Anderson from Beavis & Butthead (looks like I learned something from that show)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
ku4zs said:
The squeaky wheel gets the greasin'. -Mr. Anderson from Beavis & Butthead (looks like I learned something from that show)
Remember without change Saturn would not have the SKY. Saturn being a spinoff of General Motors would have never happened. Enough said on this subject. Skip wanting a Sky so he can fly down to the vittles store.:lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
skyepilot said:
sniffle, sniffle, they sold it to that good looking girl, and not to meeeee
Skyepilot, incase you haven't figured it out, one purpose of this site is to help each other out and provide support. If you can't or don't want to do that, I would suggest you find another site to pester, say [email protected]!&$ Annonymous!

·
Registered
517 Posts
TexSon said:
Skyepilot, incase you haven't figured it out, one purpose of this site is to help each other out and provide support. If you can't or don't want to do that, I would suggest you find another site to pester, say [email protected]!&$ Annonymous!
this site is a mutual support group for sky owners and wannabe owners?

sounds like a women's site for a woman's car!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts