Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might at first thought this was bad luck but actually we were quite lucky.

My bride of 23 plus years calls me Friday morning and says Hey, why don't you pick me up for lunch. My 23 years of training tells me it's just a very small thing I can do to brighten her day. Pick her up in the SKY at 1:15 and just two minutes later we hear a whack. No vehicles in front of us and none just passed in the other direction. Thers are two substantial cracks in the windshield. The bride swears from the divots in the glass that maybe a pelllet gun or BB gun caused the divots. She is apologizing to me and says if I didn't call you for lunch this wouldn't have happened. My response is of course don't be silly it could have happened any time or day it just would have happened sooner or later.

Looking back I realized she or maybe even I was very lucky. Whatever caused the crack hit on her side of the car. Top down, windows down and if I was traveling just slightly faster could have easily struck one of us in our faces. The angle we believe came from the side and not directly in front of us. As I said very lucky. Lucky no one was hurt just the SKY has a temporary blemish.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You two must be under the protection of a :angel:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage and grateful no one was injured. Glass can always be replaced not our Loved ones.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yup!

marklynn70 said:
Sorry to hear about the damage and grateful no one was injured. Glass can always be replaced not our Loved ones.
Glad you are both OK! Hope the Sky is as good as new soon! :thumbs:

·
Registered
316 Posts
glad everyone was safe thats all that matters. windshields can be replaced people cant

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Wow! :eek: Sorry to hear about this. There has been a LOT of that (random pellet shootings at cars) going on in Indiana lately. They still have caught the culprits yet. Hope this doesn't become a nationwide 'copycat' epidemic.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yikes! I hope it doesn't turn out to be another copycat shooter like the one that happened in Arizona (which they caught..whew!).

Another possibility for this is if there was another vehicle travelling in the lane next to you on your right side that slightly ahead of you like this picture:

|​
|

This scenario could still cause the rock/debris to go flying at a diagonal angle, even though they are not directly in front of you.

Anyway, glad to hear you and your wife are safe and ok.

And yes, I would consider it both bad & good luck as well. :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm glad to hear everyone is ok. We had (a few years ago) kids that would stand on overpasses and throw rocks off at cars (good fist sized rocks) and one of them hit my sisters car and instantly spidered her from window. Luckily the kids that did it got caught, I cant imagine someone doing this, some peoples kids:brentil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts