Saturn Skyline Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On nov 7th i made payment for a set of used headlights through paypal to user Saab9-3 here on skyroadster.com. He stiffed me. He has $260 and I received nothing. I contacted him many times for a tracking number or a refund and he has provided me with no info.

If anyone knows him or knows how to get a hold of him I know erie county sheriffs dept. wants to talk to him. I also filed with the ifcc which is a division of the fbi who settles problems like this. Just a warning to everyone out there be careful and paypal doens't guaranty anything... so know who your giving money too and get as much info as you can before you send any money over the net.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
On nov 7th i made payment for a set of used headlights through paypal to user Saab9-3 here on skyroadster.com. He stiffed me. He has $260 and I received nothing. I contacted him many times for a tracking number or a refund and he has provided me with no info.

If anyone knows him or knows how to get a hold of him I know erie county sheriffs dept. wants to talk to him. I also filed with the ifcc which is a division of the fbi who settles problems like this. Just a warning to everyone out there be careful and paypal doens't guaranty anything... so know who your giving money too and get as much info as you can before you send any money over the net.

How did you pay him?

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's very unfortunate that there are people like this willing to stiff other fellow enthusiasts. I hope the matter is taken care of swiftly and you get your money returned.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
did a little research of this asshat

poooch1984 that is his photobucket album name... its locked, but still perhaps that is his screen name

his license is

and this is what he looks like, big ears

saab9-3 said:
so this saturn has failed me in two way the brakes seized up due to a factory recall issue and no airbags were deployed, i have a serious neck injury and it has progressively gotten worse through out the day and is continuing to get worse to the point where i can almost not move it.
perhaps he is injured though? I'm not sure

He was on here 1/23/09 at 9:56pm ET

·
Registered
1,584 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts

Did you file a report with Paypal? I use Paypal all the time and have had to file a claim twice on people who took my money and dashed. Both times Paypal refunded my monies after they determined they were fraudulent sellers. Try filing a claim and see how it goes. If they are a verified seller , then they had to have a credit card or bank account on file. Paypal will reverse the transaction but speed is of the essence. If this guy does this for a living he will likely close whatever account he has with Paypal. Good luck.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Right away I am suspicious, whether he is legit or not..

Doesn't own a Sky, no avatar, no personal info, from Canada.. Bells are already going off in my head.. Then homer the poor guy sends this suspicious dude $260 "out of the USA"..And I bet to a PO box, not an address.. without some type of recourse, at a minimum I would use PP.. AND the biggie here, it happened in November 7th of 08?? what took you so long to post this?? apparently this guy has had issues and problems selling directly to others, some of the items finally showed up in others like our guy is claiming nothing.. Already this dude is tarnished in our community, I wouldn't buy a peanut from this guy..:nono: In fact, perhaps he should be booted from our forum and banned.. If it can be proven he did rip off homer..

Finally I'll say he can still come here and read this thread without signing on, in other forums he has come in and attacked these buyers, this kid, he has brass balls, and no morals apparently..

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SKY RL from Canada was the first picture

the second picture was a picture of the bigeared theif

he deleted these pics today apparently... sorry you got screwed, get him in big trouble

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
He must be reading the forumsif he deleted the pictures...today
I hoope is works out for you... :(

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Sorry to hear about you losing you money, file a claim with Paypal..I got a $10 charge from a guy named "SKYPE" today on my account, I have no idea what the hell that I bought,let us know how you make out...:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Sorry to hear about you losing you money, file a claim with Paypal..I got a $10 charge from a guy named "SKYPE" today on my account, I have no idea what the hell that I bought,let us know how you make out...:thumbs:
SKYPE is an internet phone thing, not sure if this is it?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah im filed with paypal for a return so i hope i get my money back and i can continue working on my car. i have the pictures printed and already gave them to the police. there is a formal report so hopefully he mans up.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
We need a thief thread that has all the names on the forum of possible fraudelent people.

Second anyone says P.O Box or COD. I say noooo way paypal is cool because, you will get your cash back.

If you do send money only send a Postal Money order written to the person's name only. They mess with you with a Postal MO then it's federal and even in Canada they will find you. The money orders are traceable through any bank. When you notify the authorites they will respond quickly.

Also, with Ebay. You don't have to pay any extra for Insurance on a package. It is the sellers responciblity to get your package to you. If it gets lost they have to refund the cash.

I already went through this with paypal. Lady sent my stuff, someone was intercepting my US postal packages and opening them and deciding what to keep and what to send back, but I was not getting my packages... long story.

Anyway, I filed with paypal about a package I never recieved and the sender said I did not pay for Insurance. Paypal said I don't have to pay insurance the seller does and is responcible for the package if it is lost. Long story short I got my money back. Lady got nothing. That is the bad thing about using USPS anyway. I alway use FedEx with direct signature so there are no mistakes. No signature no package. Even though FedEx will drop off packages with DS without the signature, but if they do they have to replace the package if lost.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts