Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost and with out a doubt, you cannot compare the base Sky to the Red Line. Two different animals. Having driven our base Sky since march 06 ( and I loved every minute of it ) I was impressed by it's quikness...yes even with an auto. The handling is quite nice and responsive and it's brakes are responsive. I truley love that car. Now since I got the Red line, I can appreciate the extra money invested in it. I got what I paid for. The Red Line even gets better gas mileage, as long as I don't have my foot in it.....which is quite often! On a round trip of 1900 miles the base averaged 28 mpg...with the a/c on and highway speeds..( the wife drove most of it )...now that's 2 adults and the trunk crammed w/stuff....most of it melted by the way! On my way up to Indiana with...yes you guessed it..my foot in it...the Red Line got 29.2 mpg w/ no a/c but traveling well above ( theoretically speaking ) the posted limit...one adult :)jester: ) and a small bag. Top was down most of the time. When I returned I took all the old state roads and yes...took my time. It took me 15 hours to get there, non stop ( except to gas up and pee...oops! can I say that ? ) It took me 3 days to get home. Traveling at posted speeds and top down allmost all of the time and the Red Line got 32 mpg. I was able to take her on a spirited little jog on a east Ky back road and was grinnin from ear to ear ( I still have that little problem ) I was followed for a while by a Nissan 350z ...but not for long....I am just so pleased with this car. The handling is just great and no problems with the brakes loosing any pressure. When I needed hard brakeing...it was there. And as far as the Automatic is concerned I am glad I got it. That much time in a small car takes it's toll. Perhaps someday soon I'll be able to take it to the track and compare a manual Red Line to mine. That should be fun. As Far as obvious cosmetics most folkes dont notice the diff. Hell most have never seen a Sky let alone compare the 2 models. It is an attention getter and actually draws crowds when it is parked. So that's my story and I'm stickin to it. They are both great cars. You simply can't go wrong with either one. I'm sure I would have bought a Base Sky in Silver just like the wifes if one had come in........."" NOT ":thumbs:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts