Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sticker showed approx $26,700, then a sticker next to it showed a few accessories - not detailed in price, and the new sales price of $35,700. They didn't even have the guts to show their additional dealer markup. I probably will order a new Mustang GT convertible, it is to difficult to deal with Saturn and this new car. By the way this dealer is in Eugene, Oregon - they will never get a chance again to sell me a car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The sticker showed approx $26,700, then a sticker next to it showed a few accessories - not detailed in price, and the new sales price of $35,700. They didn't even have the guts to show their additional dealer markup. I probably will order a new Mustang GT convertible, it is to difficult to deal with Saturn and this new car. By the way this dealer is in Eugene, Oregon - they will never get a chance again to sell me a car.
Thats kind of been my feeling with the Saturn Dealerships. I found out last week that the new Aura is based on the Saab 9-3. Turns out that my wife really wants the 9-3, but I figured it may be better to look at the Aura. Not sure I want to now with all the hassles they put up trying to buy the SKY.
I am sure they will sell all of their production for the first 2 years. But after that I am wondering where Saturn will be in the long run.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You have experienced the few bad ones

My Dealer Saturn of Downers Grove in Illinois sells at msrp. They have two available as of last friday msrp. A MidnightBlue loaded automatic and a Graphite automatic loaded. Plus my tradin for Redline vin 271 MidnightBlue manual loaded.
They are honest, fair, and live up to the Saturn code of hasslefree buying and unmatched service to the customer.
Fly out with the 6 grand you would save coming here and I'll pick you up and drive you there in my Redline.
This is a first class dealer, and see my first class Saleperson Carrie

·
Registered
380 Posts
My Dealer Saturn of Downers Grove in Illinois sells at msrp. They have two available as of last friday msrp. A MidnightBlue loaded automatic and a Graphite automatic loaded. Plus my tradin for Redline vin 271 MidnightBlue manual loaded.
They are honest, fair, and live up to the Saturn code of hasslefree buying and unmatched service to the customer.
Fly out with the 6 grand you would save coming here and I'll pick you up and drive you there in my Redline.
This is a first class dealer, and see my first class Saleperson Carrie
What did your dealer give you on your Sky for a trade in on the Redline? My dealer gave me exactly what I paid on a RL after six months driving her and 2500 miles.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I doubt many Saturn dealers are gonna play around with the Aura pricing. It is a stanard production car -- there is no waiting line.... Just some of these guys wanted to make $$ on a niche car and Shame on them...

·
Super Moderator
6,465 Posts
Granted it is probably a bad business move, due to the bad feelings it generates, but can you blame a dealer for selling a car at market price, instead of MSRP ? I mean, come on, you guys talk about how much over MSRP you get selling a used Sky, then villify a dealer for wanting to sell a new car for the same price. Does that make sense ? It doesn't to me, but I am perfectly willing to be educated.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Tradin

I first going to give background on this. I set-up the Sky Party show at the dealership in Downers Grove Illinois with SkyBaby(where we had over 20 Skys from around the country show up). I am personally responsible for many sales with my big mouth and my love of the Sky.
They gave me what I paid for it with 5500 miles on it. I think of it as more of a thank you for steering alot of business there way. I even worried about that as the weather is changing here and it might not be the best time to take a convertible in trade. But this is a very honorable dealership. That kind of fair and honest attitude trickles down from Wayne the owner of this 6 dealer group. He is at everyone of his dealerships is available to customers.
He is rewarded for his integrity with more cars from Saturn, as it should be.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Granted it is probably a bad business move, due to the bad feelings it generates, but can you blame a dealer for selling a car at market price, instead of MSRP ? I mean, come on, you guys talk about how much over MSRP you get selling a used Sky, then villify a dealer for wanting to sell a new car for the same price. Does that make sense ? It doesn't to me, but I am perfectly willing to be educated.
I wouldn't chastise or praise them. There's good in either way. The way I look at it is that dealers do it, and people get pissed customers do it, (EBAY) and no one cares. People in theory could be happy that a vehicle they own is garnishing so much attention. The other thing I think, IMHO, is that people who have waited at the table for months get their Skys should get them at MSRP. The people who showed up late and want one "right now" should pay the "market price"

·
Registered
444 Posts
Unbelievable!!!

I have had my loaded base Sky for sale for over $4000 UNDER MSRP now for 8 weeks and NO BITES!!!

Not even ONE offer!!!!:willy:

Seeing gouging like this really pisses me off!!!:banghead: :banghead: :brentil:

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Super Moderator
6,465 Posts
I wouldn't chastise or praise them. There's good in either way. The way I look at it is that dealers do it, and people get pissed customers do it, (EBAY) and no one cares. People in theory could be happy that a vehicle they own is garnishing so much attention. The other thing I think, IMHO, is that people who have waited at the table for months get their Skys should get them at MSRP. The people who showed up late and want one "right now" should pay the "market price"
That may be a good option, but how many people waited, then immediately sold for a quick profit ? I actually like the Ferrari approach of a few years ago. I don't remember the model, or the exact details, but it was something like this: The car sold at MSRP, no mark-up, no add-ons. BUT, for 2 years, you could only sell it back to the dealer. It cut out the speculators completely, since none of them are usually willing to wait two years for a profit. It isn't exactly free-market of course, but it does protect the true enthusiast.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That may be a good option, but how many people waited, then immediately sold for a quick profit ? I actually like the Ferrari approach of a few years ago. I don't remember the model, or the exact details, but it was something like this: The car sold at MSRP, no mark-up, no add-ons. BUT, for 2 years, you could only sell it back to the dealer. It cut out the speculators completely, since none of them are usually willing to wait two years for a profit. It isn't exactly free-market of course, but it does protect the true enthusiast.
Thats what GM is doing with their company vehicles(PEP cars). No selling them for 2 years or else "goodbye"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts