Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see more and more threads involving dead batteries and though it might be a good time to repost some info about a specific problem that exist with the 08 models Solstice and Sky's. For those model years only, the RCDLR module that controls the remote entry fobs and the TPM system will not hold it's programing if the battery is dead or disconnected for and extended period of time. If you replace your battery and your remotes don't work and you have "dashes" in your DIC where you tire pressure numbers should be you will have to go to the dealer to have the RCDLR reprogrammed. Once they reprogram it you will not have this problem again as the new programing is "stored" in the RCDLR module. Again this problem is only effecting the 08 model year.

You can print out this info and take to the dealer.

Subject: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes On All Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Malibu
2008 Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice
2008 Saturn AURA, SKY

Condition
Some customers may comment that the key fobs are inoperative or that the TPM system is showing dashes as the reading for all four tires.

Technicians may find DTCs C0775, C0569 and B3105 set simultaneously in the RCDLR module.

In addition, the technicians may find Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors are unable to be programmed to the vehicle by adding or releasing pressure to the tire while the vehicles in the TPM learn mode.
Cause
These conditions may be caused by the following:

• The RCDLR may lose its transmitter and tire pressure monitoring data from its memory if a low voltage condition occurs on the vehicle.

• The ability for TPM learning by adding or releasing pressure to the tire has been disabled in the RCDLR.

Correction
Reprogram the RCDLR with an updated software calibration to address both issues listed above.

Once the RCDLR module has been reflashed with the latest software and calibrations, the following may also be necessary:

• Relearn all keyless entry transmitters.

• Reconfigure the tire pressure placards and the tire type.

• Relearn the tire pressure sensors.

Refer to SI for the procedures to relearn transmitters, placard and tire type configuration and tire pressure sensor learn.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any idea what the dealer charges to fix this?
I had my 08 Solstice and 08 Sky both done and they did the Sky under warranty and charged me $25 for the Solstice. They were both done within a couple of months of each other. Go figure:huh:

Is this an official TSB?
That could make it free
That is an official TSB I took a copy in each time I went.
The Service manager took care of my Sky but he was gone when I did the Solstice and the "clerk" wanted to charge me $48 I bargained it down to $25 and left it at that. They have taken good care of me and done me some favors in the past so I didn't want to complain to much.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
When I had a 2nd remote set-up, my dealership charged me $50

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Went to start my SKY for a weekend trip from Raleigh to Philadelphia - and the battery was completely dead. (Hmmm, after turning the key to start I noticed the headlight switch was in the On position.)

After jumping the battery it recovered quickly but my key fobs no longer worked. Nor was my TPM registering.

Yep TSB 08-03-16-001B.

Took a print out of the TSB and the car to a local Chevrolet dealer in Cary, NC. They charged me their minimum . . . . $130!!!:eek:

Still a little miffed - mostly that it cost so much. But also that this seems like something GM should be picking up the tab on. I mean, come on! - It was their original programming of the RCDLR that failed. Davis' (the service tech) assurance that this wouldn't happen again didn't make me feel any better about this.:brentil:

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Yep TSB 08-03-16-001B.

Took a print out of the TSB and the car to a local Chevrolet dealer in Cary, NC. They charged me their minimum . . . . $130!!!:eek:

Still a little miffed - mostly that it cost so much. But also that this seems like something GM should be picking up the tab on. I mean, come on! - It was their original programming of the RCDLR that failed. Davis' (the service tech) assurance that this wouldn't happen again didn't make me feel any better about this.:brentil:
That's GM making sure they don't have their dealerships overwhelmed by return customers wanting to purchase another new vehicle.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
That's a funny but valid point. With what they did with Saturn and pontiac I will never buy another GM product.

Does it bother anyone else that the site has the following ad ?

Interested in the SKY?
Looking for a Saturn SKY? Then Check Out the Chevy Camaro.
www.Chevrolet.com/Camaro

·
Registered
9 Posts
When my wife and I bought our Sky used, the dealer gave us 1 key and a key fob that was not for our car. They agreed to replace the key fob and a few other issues we had. When we bought our new key fob it would not work, I found this thread and took it in and the dealer was an ass about the papers that I had printed off for them. Well our receiver was bad or so they say, said it would not program so it was replaced and now all work fine. I will drive the extra 30 miles to go someplace else for service now.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Had my SKY a mo..
Installed a dry cell.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
358 Posts
I guess I better plug that 9V battery into the cigarette lighter hole if I disconnect the battery. I hope I don't forget.

·
7,051 Posts
I guess I better plug that 9V battery into the cigarette lighter hole if I disconnect the battery. I hope I don't forget.

I disconnect my (-) terminal cable on the battery post when doing some work on my car. It could be days before I reconnect, so far no problems with any devices....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for this Post Hoosier GXP!

I just took our Sky in to have the ignition switch replaced and when it cam back the remote did not work and the tire pressure monitor had lines! will take the sky back to the dealer tomorrow and get it reset.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thank you for this Post Hoosier GXP!

I just took our Sky in to have the ignition switch replaced and when it cam back the remote did not work and the tire pressure monitor had lines! will take the sky back to the dealer tomorrow and get it reset.
Let us know how your dealership visit goes, Joiner! Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. If you notice repeat issues with your vehicle send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and we can take a closer look.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
44 Posts
The TPM thing's annoying, I had my tires rotated and it completely slipped my mind when a week later it was reporting my left front was low. Dunno how much the dealer will charge but for the time being I'll just adjust my brain to know RR is FR and RL is FL lol.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
You should be able to go back to where you had the tires rotated and have them reprogram it (it does not have to be a dealership).

I got new tires at a Discount Tire a few weeks ago, and they programmed the sensors wrong (or maybe just forgot to do it). I went back and they reprogrammed them in about 2 minutes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts