Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just joined today. Silver Graphite on order from Concord (CA) Saturn Dealer. When looking over the demo, I noticed that the battery is in a
very odd location that looks like a part of the right front fender has to be removed to get at it. Is this correct?:banghead:

·
Registered
102 Posts
We were told it only takes 16 screws being removed to access it. :willy:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Disconnect the negative battery cable (2). Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection .
Remove the wheelhouse liner. Refer to Front Wheelhouse Liner Replacement .
Lower the vehicle.
Open the positive battery cable connection cover.
Loosen the positive battery cable nut.
Remove the positive battery cable (1).

Remove the front fender rear bracket to side rail bolts.

Remove the front fender to front fender rear bracket upper (1) and lower (2) bolts.
Remove the front fender rear bracket.

Remove the battery hold down retainer bolt and retainer.
Important: Do not tip the battery more than 40 degrees during removal.

Remove the battery.
Installation Procedure

Important: Do not tip the battery more than 40 degrees during battery installation.

Install the battery.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

Install the battery hold down retainer and bolt.
Tighten
Tighten the bolt to 25 N·m (18 lb ft).

Install the front fender rear bracket.
Install the front fender rear bracket to side rail bolts.
Tighten
Tighten the bolts to 20 N·m (15 lb ft).

Install the front fender to front fender rear bracket upper (1) and lower (2) bolts.
Tighten
Tighten the bolts to 20 N·m (15 lb ft).

Install the positive battery cable (1).
Tighten the positive battery cable nut.
Tighten
Tighten the nut to 17 N·m (13 lb ft).

Close the positive battery cable connection cover.
Install the wheelhouse liner. Refer to Front Wheelhouse Liner Replacement .
Connect the negative battery cable (2). Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection .

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Angel said:
Hi all,
Just joined today. Silver Graphite on order from Concord (CA) Saturn Dealer. When looking over the demo, I noticed that the battery is in a
very odd location that looks like a part of the right front fender has to be removed to get at it. Is this correct?:banghead:
Welcome to the forum. You'll love dealing with the folks at the Concord, CA store - that's where we got ours, they are great. You'll also like the silver graphite, I do !

:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply. I am not use to being in a forum, so it took me awhile to see your reply.
Saw the pics of the "Batmobile". Your right, nice color choice. I didn't opt for the chrome wheels, but did order the spoiler. Been told the car should be here mid August.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'll love dealing with the folks at the Concord, CA store - that's where we got ours, they are great.

Took a look at your gallery and the backround looks like the hills in Martinez/Pleasant Hills. We live in Concord near the Bart station.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the procedure you posted, printed in the owners manual or did you have to buy a seperate "service manual"?:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts