Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may need a new battery for my 2007 Sky 2.4. There is an AC Delco Professional in my Sky now. that is almost 8 years old. Is the Professional adequate?

Thanks, Joe

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
I may need a new battery for my 2007 Sky 2.4. There is an AC Delco Professional in my Sky now. that is almost 8 years old. Is the Professional adequate?

Thanks, Joe
Do you mean adequate or necessary? If a battery has lasted for eight years and you now "may" need to replace it I would certainly think it was adequate. Necessary is fairly subjective. Professional is AC Delco's highest-rated and longest-life battery, so a "lesser" battery should cost less, but also should deliver a shorter life, although how much shorter is anybody's guess. In Florida you do not need much in the way of cold-weather performance, so assuming you stay there, life is the only real consideration, and that is a roll of the dice.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I highly recommend installing a sealed (maintenance-free) battery because it is extremely difficult to inspect the fluid level and add distilled water when required.

Is the battery in discussion a sealed one?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I highly recommend installing a sealed (maintenance-free) battery because it is extremely difficult to inspect the fluid level and add distilled water when required.

Is the battery in discussion a sealed one?

·
Registered
393 Posts
If doing it yourself, get it from Menards. They have a 3 year, unprorated warranty. Walk in at 2 years, 11 months and give it back to them and get a new one. They were the only ones other then the dealerships in my area to sell ACDelco batteries....let alone a battery that fit!

·
Registered
391 Posts
If doing it yourself, get it from Menards. They have a 3 year, unprorated warranty. Walk in at 2 years, 11 months and give it back to them and get a new one. They were the only ones other then the dealerships in my area to sell ACDelco batteries....let alone a battery that fit!
Great tip! And Menards is offering 11% off rebate on everything during COVID19.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Be prepared to remove the right quarter body panel. It is the only way to remove the battery . My Chevrolet dealer only charged $15 . Same for any vehicle they said .. I got a deal!

·
Registered
391 Posts
When I recently removed my front fenders, there was missing hardware and the relationship to other things not seen from a normal view, were not properly assembled. It's "All Good" now because I spent the time and did it right, down to the last missing OEM screw and bolt.

I will NEVER let anyone else mount them. The detail of fasteners and overlaps, ONLY I will spend the time to install them properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts