Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!

Purchased, previously owned, 2008 Saturn Sky last week, and would like to preserve the rag top. Can anyone suggest the best spray to use. I live along the Oregon coast and am subject to constant ocean breezes that cause mildew, mold, and damaging moisture to any and all objects. Much obliged for your recommendations!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Please help!

Purchased, previously owned, 2008 Saturn Sky last week, and would like to preserve the rag top. Can anyone suggest the best spray to use. I live along the Oregon coast and am subject to constant ocean breezes that cause mildew, mold, and damaging moisture to any and all objects. Much obliged for your recommendations!!!!!!!!!!!!
If money is no object...try this:

If you're on a tight budget...try this thinned 4 parts to one with tap water and apply liberally:

Congrats on your new SKY, Welcome to the Forum, and Enjoy The Permagrin !!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Been a big fan of 303 protectant. It's not the cheapest but it's great stuff. Theyve pretty much sold me on most of their products. Same goes for leatherique with leather stuff. Used all different products over the years and those I've found, are by far the best for me.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I used the303 two step process but will try Forever Black next time. The 303was barely enough to do the Sky top and the Sky top is tiny.

·
Registered
97 Posts
As a former Oregonian I say forget all the stuff above. Just spray the top with a similar color of Rustoleam. That will end your worries concerning "Oregon mist". That will end a lot of things.

·
Registered
904 Posts
As a former Oregonian I say forget all the stuff above. Just spray the top with a similar color of Rustoleam. That will end your worries concerning "Oregon mist". That will end a lot of things.
Will it also end the top?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Back in the late 40s I did a top with something that looked like Tar and smelled like Creosote. It had to be thinned with turpentine and brushed on with a paint brush. Worked fine but stunk for about a month.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wash it good with a little dish soap and gently brush and rinse well, let dry.

Use the FOREVER BLACK Black Top ( DEF USE GLOVES!!!)

Then seal it with the 303 protectant. (Water repel+ UV Block)

:cool::cool::cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts