Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I placed my Redline order with a retailer that is not particularly convenient to my location. (It is an unrelated, long-winded story about why this is, which I omit.) When I paid my deposit, my salesman offered that I can stop by when I get a chance and test drive a base Sky. I thought this was a good sign that the retailer was top notch: having a base Sky available for test drive instead of selling each and every Sky that arrives.

Also relevant to the story, I had asked the sales manager on the phone last week how many Redlines they delivered so far, and she said none.

After having that Redline deposit in for 5 months, I finally got a chance to go to the retailer today for that base Sky test drive.

Turns out my retailer is closed on Sundays. :(

From my outside vantage point, I could see a red Sky in the showroom. There was a lot of glare in the windows, so I couldn't see it particularly well. (I mostly saw reflection from the Vue parked outside.) With no test drive happening, I decided to spend some time looking at the Auras parked outside. (BTW, the "super mahogany leather" or whatever they call it looks fantastic.)

As I was strolling, the faint image of the showroom Sky through the glaring windows was engrained in my head. That's when it occurred to me that the headlights on the Sky were awfully dark, even for looking through a glaring window.

I came back to that showroom window, climbed over a heap of bushes and shrubbery so I could get right up to the window and cup my hands around my eyes to avoid the glare. (I'm sure the security cameras had their eye on me.)

And what to my wondering eyes should appear?
But one red, beautiful REDLINE, oh my, oh dear.
:willy:

I couldn't believe my retailer had a Redline just sitting in the showroom to show off.

Now I'm excited. I think I'll have to go out of my way again tomorrow to see the retailer. Maybe they'll have me test drive the Redline! :D

·
Registered
18,029 Posts
Bet that car is not for testing...just give him what he asks..and drive it home with a :D on your face...u may have gotten lucky. Get there before it opens

·
Registered
366 Posts
If they're anything like my dealer then it either belongs to one of the managers or it's a customer's waiting to be picked up. In either case it'd be a no go on the test drive. I hope that's not the case and you do get to test drive it though. :thumbs:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If they're anything like my dealer then it either belongs to one of the managers or it's a customer's waiting to be picked up. In either case it'd be a no go on the test drive. I hope that's not the case and you do get to test drive it though. :thumbs:
I still haven't been back to the retailer, but I went to their web site yesterday. It actually says they have a Redline available to test drive. Woo-hoo!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts