Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:willy: I have been up in the air about continuing my pursuit of a SKY until today. I am 6’2” and a 34” inseam. While I know I fit physically I was worried about my view out the front and side windows. Until a few days ago I was considering buying a used BMW Z4 for about the same price. It is a great car but it is used and had a few miles on it. The maintenance also I think in the long run will be higher. Yesterday I stopped at a local Pontiac dealer and was talking to a salesman about my concerns of visibility and he said let’s take a ride in a Solstice. I was really blown away by the feel of it. The visibility of it was okay and he said that he had a customer who had the seat modified by taking out some foam and replacing with softer material. Keeping the look the same but allowing more compression when sitting on it. That would help even more. I am now sold and no longer on the fence. I am #5 at the dealer with an allocation of 8 so I am looking at getting one in April/May hopefully.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
Glad to hear you fit. I think the Solstice is the best and only way to really tell. It should be very close in fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
frednorris said:
:willy: I have been up in the air about continuing my pursuit of a SKY until today. I am 6’2” and a 34” inseam. While I know I fit physically I was worried about my view out the front and side windows. Until a few days ago I was considering buying a used BMW Z4 for about the same price. It is a great car but it is used and had a few miles on it. The maintenance also I think in the long run will be higher. Yesterday I stopped at a local Pontiac dealer and was talking to a salesman about my concerns of visibility and he said let’s take a ride in a Solstice. I was really blown away by the feel of it. The visibility of it was okay and he said that he had a customer who had the seat modified by taking out some foam and replacing with softer material. Keeping the look the same but allowing more compression when sitting on it. That would help even more. I am now sold and no longer on the fence. I am #5 at the dealer with an allocation of 8 so I am looking at getting one in April/May hopefully.
Thats goiod news, I'm 6'2" 32" inseam, I would modify the seat if I had to, but only if there was no other way. I read about placing the back part of the seat in full upright position and you can gain a few inches for seat to slide back.
ERNEST
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ernest said:
Thats goiod news, I'm 6'2" 32" inseam, I would modify the seat if I had to, but only if there was no other way. I read about placing the back part of the seat in full upright position and you can gain a few inches for seat to slide back.
ERNEST
It's not a matter of leg room but visibility out the front window, "seeing the stop lights without having to lean over"!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
frednorris said:
It's not a matter of leg room but visibility out the front window, "seeing the stop lights without having to lean over"!!
Good Point. Probably only an issue if its raining or cold, will have the top down.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top