Saturn Sky Forum banner
61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
No offense was taken windancer :) just wanted to make sure you saw the sarcasm lol. i vote we continue on with the murdered out threadjack.

flaxenfilly23, looks super nice. i wish my gf would do the same! shes stuck in the whole "i need a big car cause im 4'11''" phase still.

·
Registered
184 Posts
No offense was taken windancer :) just wanted to make sure you saw the sarcasm lol. i vote we continue on with the murdered out threadjack.

flaxenfilly23, looks super nice. i wish my gf would do the same! shes stuck in the whole "i need a big car cause im 4'11''" phase still.
Lol, just tell her she needs a FAST car because she is 4'11" :) What you can't see in this pic is I have very subtle hot pink accents throughout the car.

·
Registered
747 Posts
flaxenfilly23, looks super nice.
Yes it does but the "old guy" would still like chrome wheels on it, :D but the "younger guy" does like the black wheels:cheers: Congrats flaxenfilly23 on a very nice looking Sky.

Terry

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
This remindes me of the frosty mini-wheats guy. Sweet on one side (black rims) and health on the other (chrome rims)
What can I say, I have trouble making up my mind.......:lol:

Terry

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
And yes you are!
You have my vote!
LLLFLY

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you know or remember things but don't allow others to gain that information, you're selfish and ignorant, and all that information is worthless.
This.

Ive been on countless forums where there would be a new guy who asks a question. But instead of someone who has the knowledge and giving an answer or pointing to the answer, their knee jerk reaction to comment about not knowing how to search for the answer could have taken just as long to type an informative answer.

Maybe its just me, but i like giving out the information instead of keeping it for myself. Makes me feel good that i helped someone else instead of bringing them down by telling them to use the search or google or calling them names because theyre new. Hell, maybe even if that new person did search and found some information, maybe that info isnt as relevant as it is now. Maybe there is something better and more up to date.

·
Registered
18,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
This.

Ive been on countless forums where there would be a new guy who asks a question. But instead of someone who has the knowledge and giving an answer or pointing to the answer, their knee jerk reaction to comment about not knowing how to search for the answer could have taken just as long to type an informative answer.

Maybe its just me, but i like giving out the information instead of keeping it for myself. Makes me feel good that i helped someone else instead of bringing them down by telling them to use the search or google or calling them names because theyre new. Hell, maybe even if that new person did search and found some information, maybe that info isnt as relevant as it is now. Maybe there is something better and more up to date.
It depends on the question...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ah yes, I remember my first post to this form about say 3, 4 months ago. I always viewed the posts but never really participated in them. So my first post was to the thread, "what did you do to your sky today." So I posted a pic of my Sky that I have just finished teh plasti-dip on the rims. The first response I get was from our dear friend mumbling mike. Below is his quote.....

Originally Posted by marlboromike
That is so Fugly...why not do the windshield frame and the other grey? Did I leave out the hood vents?

CityBoy beat me (LOL)

·
Registered
216 Posts
what are the benefits of adding race car stickers to a car that doesnt race? is it true each sticker adds 10hp? i need to make more power...so 20 stickers? or just put big numbers on the door?

any help would be appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Rule #6: Never say you're sorry.

I love the fact that the relative newbies, who've never helped anyone as much as MM has over the years, are pounding on him here. Give it up and go home.
Nobody must have seen this...So I will bump it. MM has a way about him that's true...but he is always willing to help out with what he can handle. Just have get past the brutal honesty. Truth is...it's a public forum. Post questions, opinions, pictures, rice, whatever...Be prepared for someone not to like it. That's just how it is. This could be like other forums I am on and when a newbie posts an extremely redundant, question nobody even posts a reply...days later the OP usually posts "no one???" and then they get one reply. "Use the search function"
Would that be better? At least the sarcasm keeps the thread alive and people will read current stuff...Even if it is bickering. And eventually the question is answered.
But climbing on a soap box and whining about someone's opinion is pathetic.
Reread TomatoSoups post. And he's probably one of the most helpful people on here. :cheers:

·
Registered
216 Posts
knowledge does not give anyone the right to be an a$$hole. period. i've seen far more offensive, rude posts from this guy than nice or helpful.

once again, post count does not make anyone knowledgeable.

the only reason i sit on this forum all day is because i sit in front of a computer all day for work now and i usually refresh the "new post" button in hopes that something cool will pop up. but ive come to the realization that most of the forum members on here prefer stock cars, prefer the dealer, and prefer to keep the new croud from feeling welcome.

i have seen some awesome builds on the kappa forums, but like i said earlier people in this place are getting as bad as zylvia.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.