Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was wondering if anyone knows anything about this im interested in being sponsored and promoting companies and bringing my car to auto shows would love to learn a little more about this. I would be a good promoter being a college student and all and have the flexible schedule to promote auto part companies or anything like this. I dk just let me know what you know about this kind of stuff

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hell, I'd take money to park my car someplace for a few hours.... :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
bigd2114 said:
Hi i was wondering if anyone knows anything about this im interested in being sponsored and promoting companies and bringing my car to auto shows would love to learn a little more about this. I would be a good promoter being a college student and all and have the flexible schedule to promote auto part companies or anything like this. I dk just let me know what you know about this kind of stuff
It takes a lot of time and money on your part before getting sponsored.

They need to see a few things first. A strong history of attending car shows. Money put into your car... their products already used is a plus.

A lot of sponsorships are partial sponsorships. They may give you parts at cost and/or pay your entry fee into car shows & hotel cost...

To really have a fully sponsored car... like Bob Mull's trio of cars... you have to do a lot of work yourself at the start... get their attention and grow from there. His first car the Evil Z Cavalier is a good example. He showed what he could do to a car... he showed he could win... and he showed at shows all over the north east and midwest. After his 1st build which he did on his own in around 2001, he gained enough sponsors to do a total rebuild... and then did the rebuild again... and then again. His career is now basically their cars. 19 sponsors... after a lot of work on his own.

He also has a new car called Vision... while he owns the car... the companies that sponsored his 1st car and even some new companies wanted on board because he now has such a good reputation for a quality car that wins. He goes to shows around the world with his cars for the companies... and the companies pay for it most often... 24 sponsor Vision...

Start small... local shops maybe can give you a parts discount... have a clean sweet ride at a large regional show or national event like an HIN or NOPI... send out proposals when you have a ride that will catch their eye.

It takes time... that is about it. I have been at this for 8 years... put over $15,000 into my current SL2... is a nice ride... wins awards at shows in NY, PA, CT, OH, NJ, VA, NC, GA, FL, MO, WI, and more... I still only get discounts at a local audio shop and a friend of mine that owns a body shop helps with the body and paint. I do hope to gain bigger "sponsors" with my SKY... but am not holding my breath.

Good luck to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts