Saturn Sky Forum banner

Benefit of a front plate

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  marklynn70 
#1 · (Edited)
Took the Sky into the City this evening. Had to parallel park. It was tight. The car in front of me had to leave and tapped my Sky ever so slowly. However, my front plate took the hit and no damage to the front bumper. If I did not have a front plate, I could have ended up with a scuff on the front bumper. (I was watching this from the window of the restaurant we were eating at). So, it may not look as good with it, but it is extra protection!:thumbs:

#2 ·
Stu's Sky said:
Took the Sky into the City this evening. Had to parallel park. It was tight. The car in front of me had to leave and tapped my Sky every so slowly. However, my front plate took the hit and no damage to the front bumper. If I did not have a front plate, I could have ended up with a scuff on the front bumper. (I was watching this from the window of the restaurant we were eating at). So, it may not look as good with it, but it is extra protection!:thumbs:
That solves it. You have just convinced me to have the dealer mount my front plate. :lol:

#3 ·
You are a saint. I would have gone through the window and removed the person from this, oh so cruel world.

Imaged 23/06/06
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

#4 ·
That's why Virginia has the front plate law... to keep the "murder rate" down... It would have been hard for me not to run right out and check for damage before they pulled off.

#5 ·
BLUERIDGE SKY said:
That's why Virginia has the front plate law... to keep the "murder rate" down... It would have been hard for me not to run right out and check for damage before they pulled off.
:agree:
As much as I try to stay away from these potential hazzard there seems to be someone thta just has to park near you. Had one of my friends who has a Solstice hit one of those parking curbs and scatched her paint, she said had she the plate on it would have a least acted as a warning

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.