Votes: 51 48.1%
  • graphite

Votes: 29 27.4%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color looks the best even when dirty?

On a side not I'm tired of waiting to get a sky:mad: I can afford one now but will be 450$ a month so I'm saving up ten grand for down payment so will be 200$ a month. I'm having a hard time trying to decide what color.

I find it hard to keep cars clean I wash them 2 days later dirty again.

Also I'm trying decide if worth getting redline over base.

·
Registered
18,184 Posts
Definitely go with the silver then...remember dark colors always show dirt...but if u love a color, go with the color u like the best...except Bluestone..ugh

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Bluestone is the best when dirty...if you are really lucky it may cover up the bluestone completely!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my dad wants silver graphite i'm not sure i havn't got a good look at one yet.

white is a color i would never buy prob same with yellow.
black i always buy so want something diff.

so for me it's silver graphite, midnight blue, silver pearl, or green

If anyone has any good home vids of either color i'd like to see them. The one of the mallet sky looked like silver graphite and didn't look bad at all. I'd like to have a mallet sky but im hopn to afford a sky period lol If anyone could post vid with better look at it be great. Or when skybaby has ppl over post vid of every color pictures don't give as good an idea. plus to see them side by side would be nice

btw if anyone has any tips on selling extended service plans on products let me know so I can earn more cash. I generally think everyone should get the 1year added on to the manufacturer cause I get ppl come in all the time with gift cards of amount product cost that failed.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Dark Blue, because I like dark blue and when it gets dirty, I can say my baby had a rough day and is black (and grey, brown) and blue all over:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Having a Silver Pearl Vue and a Black Onyx SKY I can tell you that without a doubt the Silver Pearl is better at hiding dirt. The Black Onyx is a real taddle tail about being dirty. :jester:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Get a color you like that stir emotions

Get a safe color that does not stir emotion get what everyone else gets to be safe.

Look at the advertisements when the Sky came out Silver Pearl probably the most common color be safe.

Any light color is safe.

I agree Bluestone is terrible stay away from that color
who wants to stand out in a crowd and evoke such emotional response for or against. There isn't another color that has had such a response.

Be safe go with the majority go Silver Pearl.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have to agree with most. I had a Silver SL for many years and it hardly ever showed dirt. Really amazed me how clean it looked.

BUT, I would never trade my midnight blue! :) At night it looks almost black and in the sun, it just sparkles! Ok...I have to wash it quite a bit, but it's worth it!

I really haven't seen a color I don't like...just depends how much time you have to care for it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I loved my Midnight Blue

Sky vin 271 i even liked the constant cleaning. Midnight Blue is by far one of the classier colors on the SKY. But I have alot more time now as the Bluestone is near zero maintenance just have to put up with be so ugly a color. That no one should even consider.

·
Registered
462 Posts
white cars

Actually white does not show dirt. I have a white Ford F150 here in Oregon. It rains over 70 inches a year here. It is amazing that a white car does not show dirt very much at all.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I picked Silver for this poll, but Love Black cause, It matches the cloth top and goes really well with the Silver & chrome accents.

But I am worried about it looking dirty alot,... I think It's worth it though.

Also, Even though it might slightly hide some detail when it's dark,... that's what makes it a superhero Color like Batmans ride.
Defenitly a car & color to pimp the Producer Status Downtown at the VIP.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Pearl -- it's why 95% of all cars on the road are this color.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My black onyx looks bad when its dirty but awesome when clean so i wash it alot

·
Registered
108 Posts
My gosh!!! Having a DIRTY Sky is like cheating on your wife. Its something that should just not happen. Take care of your sweetheart and she will keep you happy for a long time. (thats for the guy owners, and applies to the girl owners, just the other way around.
Guys, is your Sky named for a female?
Girls, is your Sky named after a guy?
and YES I know some are not named after either.
:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not on list

Bluestone was not on list... Could hide dirt very well with this color...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I noticed a large number of votes for Graphite, and though its my color, I would recommend the Pearl over the Graphite for keeping it looking clean. I don't have mudflaps and my car attracts a large amount of road film that is very obvious and though the car as a whole doesn't show dust and grime as easy as some of the darker colors, you really have to keep it clean to ensure the shine comes through that makes it such a good color.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts