Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking how about a section of the forum where you can post where the best driving roads are for your area, say a east, central and west or roads by State... How about it Mods, can we have something like that?

I can start
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/
I will be going there on June 17 with my son.

Another good road is hwy 321 between Elizabethton TN And Boone NC.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Route 2 along the Rock River between Rockford, Illinois and Oregon, Illinois. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Almost anywhere in Northern Arkansas - one curve after another.......Scenic 7 and Scenic 5 thru Mountain View and Sylamore Creek are especially wicked! Bring a change of underwear because the dropoffs are spectacular.

BTW - Scenic 7 is always in the top 10 scenic drives in the nation.

·
Registered
669 Posts
The Talimena drive in Arkansas is wonderful...a lot of the time you are driving above the clouds.

Also like Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado...watch out though, lots of areas don't have guardrails!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Ocean Parkway N.Y.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is great, lots of new places

Hopefully I will get to explore some of these new roads sometime...
Right now i need to stay within a couple hours drive from home... :(

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Route 1 in IL along the Eastern Border of the state. Winds around through forested areas, along farms and through seanic towns (pull er down under 45). Some great diners and places to rest. High point is when it parallels the Illinois Central RXR and you can pace the City Of New Orleans heading out to the Big Easy....:driving:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vstar said:
Ocean Parkway N.Y.
although nice, We are talking about a sportscar... Where are the Curves???

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
US 60 across West Virginia... talk about a trip!!!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Zion National Park in Utah (http://www.nps.gov/zion/) is my pick for one of the greatest places to drive.

Though i'd also say you can't go wrong with PCH or Blue Ridge!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Does anyone remember the posting of a Sky promotional flyer/PDF created by Saturn on this site that showed the ultimate Sky roadtrip?

It had a cross country layout of where to take your new Sky. Frankly, it didn't fit at all with the Saturn Sky marketing and had much more of a "Civic Hybrid happy earth" feel to it.

I have looked all over the site and I know some of the forum vets have had to have seen it as well. Can anyone point to where it is and better yet post it to this thread, I think It has a lot of great roads on it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ruledawg said:
Highway 1 im califonia. Right along the beach.
YYYAAA BBAAABBYY!

Hwy 1 on a sunny day, top down and twistie after twistie (at least up here)....:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Nothern California, Hwy 49 Gold Country Highway.:cool: Going north Auburn to Vinton or or south Auburn to Mariposa. Or Mariposa to Vinton for an all day drive. Mountain driving, lots of twist and turns.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wt2ga said:
http://www.nps.gov/blri/

The Blue Ridge Parkway, sometimes called "America's Favorite Drive"​
yes if you want a leasurly drive...I have driven it many times it is beautiful trip, but SLOOOOOOW

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Ortega Highway

San Juan Capistrano to Lake Elsinore...

Windy, curvy mountain road with a 55 mph limit and lots of 20 to 35 mph curves. The SKY sticks to 'em like CRAZY.

You never have to drop below 55. (Except when you get caugh behind Grandpa in the Oldsmobile wearing the hat going 15mph just to be safe.)

Added bonus - Motorcyclists like to cross the double yellow when they get impatient. Usually kills a coupla idiots a month. So there is the added exhiliration of not knowing if there is a suicider on a Suziki around that next blind curve...

It will get your heart moving - that's for sure!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts