Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Sky Redline, automatic, currently stock (12/2021)
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Vermont and purchased my first RL, a 2009, a few months ago.

My car is stored in the winter. I would drive it from April through October but the weather here from spring to fall can be rainy and 40 degrees to sunny and 100. the roads are heaved and potholed at times.

I am looking for tires that will fit the OEM 18” rims 245/45/18. I want them to grip the road but also have a good ride.

summer vs all season?

suggestions please???

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
I live in Vermont and purchased my first RL, a 2009, a few months ago.

My car is stored in the winter. I would drive it from April through October but the weather here from spring to fall can be rainy and 40 degrees to sunny and 100. the roads are heaved and potholed at times.

I am looking for tires that will fit the OEM 18” rims 245/45/18. I want them to grip the road but also have a good ride.

summer vs all season?

suggestions please???
If you will be driving in temperatures less than 50F I definitely recommend all-seasons. I like my Michelin Pilot AS.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
The one I use, Michelin PSS, are summer only tires. Below 50 F the performance degrades. I don't know Vermont nor where you live there, but if you intend to drive in the cold weather a lot, I think John's suggestion is a good one - go for an all season like those or the BFG G Force Comp-2 A/S Plus.

Reactions: JohnWR

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
i had similar questions a few months ago (only my car is driven year round), and ended up with the Michelin Pilot Sport AS4. It was the right choice:

• 45k tread waranty
  • excellent dry and wet grip (I live in Seattle, so rain/wet is a season here)
  • quiet and comfortable
The fact that the new C8 Corvette has these tires as its OEM tire was the final point.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have the Bridgestone Quiettrack that is an all season touring tire that has an 80k warranty. I’ve had them on two cars already and am very pleased with the handling, traction (wet, dry and snow), ride and noise. They are a relatively expensive tire, however Costco and Bridgestone dealers do have them on sale quite often. It’s not the tire for running hot laps, but for cruising and a comfortable ride it’s a great tire.

·
Registered
2007 Saturn Sky Base
39 Posts
I have some 245/40ZR-18 FALKEN AZENIS RT660 XL arriving tomorrow, I was told they are the best for auto x, but probably not too good as daily drivers, but if cornering in good weather is all you care about then these may be the best choice.

·
Registered
18,565 Posts
Forget tires....whatever u do....do not go over a pot hole. It will DESTROY everything from your rocker panel to your fenders. TIRES are meaningless. And say good bye to your car. Our cars are not meant to defy gravity.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
DON'T DRIVE YOUR CAR AT ALL! 😂
And think of the amazing mileage and low running costs that go with that....... :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
The one I use, Michelin PSS, are summer only tires. Below 50 F the performance degrades. I don't know Vermont nor where you live there, but if you intend to drive in the cold weather a lot, I think John's suggestion is a good one - go for an all season like those or the BFG G Force Comp-2 A/S Plus.
I put a set of the BFG G Force Comp -2 A/S tires on my SKY this year and they seem to be a great tire. Really satisfied with them so far.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been enjoying my set of Pirelli Cinturatos.

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
I would never buy Michelin Pilot Sport A/Z 3's again for a daily driver. It feels like you feel every piece of gravel embedded in the asphalt. Handles great but...
I have them on both of mine and don't have any complaints. It is interesting how we can all react so differently to the same tires on essentially the same car.

Reactions: tchr49
1 - 20 of 31 Posts