Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Just as one person says that a particular suspension set up is perfect for them while another one with identical set up complains that it is far to stiff and wonders how that owner could stand it.

I love my Michelin PSS but I bet that wouldn't be shared by every owner.

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
Just curious if the ride quality difference is tire pressure related. There have been many discussions already in the Forum addressing this.
In my case it depends on which factor of ride quality you are concerned with, and how much you change the pressure.

Below 30 psi cold I have found every tire I have put on my cars to feel "squirmy" and very reactive to seams and grooves in the pavement. Above 34 psi cold they have all felt "slick" with significantly less grip, but also less reaction to grooves.

I have not found them to be overly harsh, but that could just be personal tolerance.

A/S 3+ ZP
The run-flats are typically very different tires from "normal" tires. I'm not surprised you don't like them.

There is someone on the Solstice forum that likes run-flats, but he runs them at something like 35 psi.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Being a former Bridgestone/Firestone employee I’ve been able to “demo” many tires and was not a fan of the Bridgestone Driveguard run flat tire, while it gave me comfort knowing my wife wouldn’t have to deal with a flat tire coming home after a long shift at the hospital…. the ride quality suffered too much.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anyone has a second set of rims and tyres? Could get a new set of ultralight rims at very good price from a local shop and i am considering mounting semi slick tyres on them for track days or even sporty street driving on warm sunny days, keeping default rims with normal tyres for daily use.

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
Anyone has a second set of rims and tyres? Could get a new set of ultralight rims at very good price from a local shop and i am considering mounting semi slick tyres on them for track days or even sporty street driving on warm sunny days, keeping default rims with normal tyres for daily use.
I have a spare set of wheels, but so far only use them to have the new tires mounted at replacement time. I load them into my truck and take them to the shop. I get faster service that way, and don't have to worry about damage to the car. They are also available (with an old tire) t serve as a spare if needed. Also, since I have chromed wheels, a spare set (or two) will serve as replacements if (or when) they start to leak.

Reactions: Gtholic

·
Registered
117 Posts
I could get four like new Vertini Rfs1.8, size is 18x9 inch ET35 5x110, however I am not very sure it would fit in my GT, specially with that ET number. In EU, wheels can't be any wider than car body, not even 1 millimeter.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I could get four like new Vertini Rfs1.8, size is 18x9 inch ET35 5x110, however I am not very sure it would fit in my GT, specially with that ET number. In EU, wheels can't be any wider than car body, not even 1 millimeter. View attachment 117685
Might stick out a bit

·
Registered
117 Posts
Might stick out a bit
Yeah. I found a online calculator. It seems i would de need an offset of 50mm or more for that size.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts