Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering the following: It seems that each day brings new posts about issues arising from delivered vehicles. We read about issues that I would think would be discovered AND more importantly illeminated during testing:nono: .

Now the strength of this FORUM :grouphug: is that in MHO there are many VERY knowledagible owners making VERY clear, thoughtful and I believe researched comments concerning various issues.

My question is this.....are we trading off a low (yes I think the current price for this vehicle is LOW) introduction price for a sort of "BETA Test-Driver" expearience?:confused:

For those of wiser and knowledgable backgrounds.....IS THE FACTORY READING THESE POSTS???

Has SATURN (and boy if they havn't they sure soon better) assigned someone to "ride herd" on this FORUM?

I love the car (no mine is a way off and that gives me some hope that some of the issues will be worked out by then-sorry keeping it real), I will take delivery and I will I am sure have my share of things that "may go bonk".:willy: .....but the truth is this................I have a NIssan Truck outside right now that has never seen the dealership, and has had to hood open ONLY to service fludis....and I have beat the (*(**^&%^$^%$&*( out of in in my work and....NO issues!:deadhorse Rant over

.....its maybe the heat and humidity here 95 and a Bizzilon out and I was in Hospital for breathing issues this am(hav't had a cig in 10 years...wish I had NEVER EVER somked one-too late now) so maybe I'm ....just a bit cranky!!!! But are the folks putthing this togeather getting the right feedback?

·
Registered
50 Posts
All problems will have their solutions.
By the way.....never drink "down stream" from the herd.:)

·
Registered
692 Posts
There has never been a first year production anything that didn't have a problem. It's hot here too, 104 and HOT WIND. i got a good feeling about the GM folks, I don't think they'll leave anything hanging. This is after all their showcase car.
"It's so hot outside I saw a dog chasing a cat, they were both walking!"

Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks HipSky.....ment to fix that before.......:eek:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Yes, the factory, or at least a few people from GM are reading these posts. In fact, I recieved a PM from a "lurker" just yesterday about a few questions and clarification on an item or two.

In my very humble opinion - this is also why we need to concentrate on being respectful to each other. In that PM, they asked why it seems that there is alot of arguing on SkyRoadster (I get the impression they don't visit many other forums).

Bottom line, there is a respectful and civil way to express yourself. There is also a disrespectful and uncivil way to express yourself. Seems that it only takes a few doing the latter to create an argumentative thread. I made a bad choice, and responded in a thread in an uncivil way - I don't usually do it, and I saw the thread spiral out of control, just from something typed in an uncivil tone.

So, yes, for now the site does get eyes from GM and Saturn - but if the crap stuff continues, I suspect the site won't maintain the visibility it needs to address issues like you've brought up, CUINOZ.

Sorry for the slight tangential, but I thought it important, especially after the "difference between SKY and Solstice thread".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts