Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the big bor throttle body that SaturnMotorSports is selling? Would this be a further improvement over a CAI alone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It would help the car breath better and I'm guessing the stock one is ruff which causes a lot of turbulance and this one is hopefully not.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just get a redline

I thought about souping up my Sky....CAI, CAT, performance chip etc. You spend $300.00 here $ 400.00 there, another $300.00 and gee, you still need to work on the suspension.Maybe you pick up 15 or 20 HP. I decided to just order a Redline. I think that makes the most sense.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
But where is the fun in that?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
skyfan said:
I thought about souping up my Sky....CAI, CAT, performance chip etc. You spend $300.00 here $ 400.00 there, another $300.00 and gee, you still need to work on the suspension.Maybe you pick up 15 or 20 HP. I decided to just order a Redline. I think that makes the most sense.
I am leaning this way as well. It's tempting to add an aftermarket turbo, but there are issues with that. Its going to be interesting to see the numbers on the RL.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wonder if the Dual filter Cold air intake will bolt straight up to the big bore...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
illness said:
I wonder if the Dual filter Cold air intake will bolt straight up to the big bore...
I inquired about that. They said that the Big Bore throttle body is a stock unit that they have machined to increase the inside diameter and that it works with the stock Sky air box as well as CAIs.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Yup just a regular one hollowed out with a new butterfly plate ill have mine here monday :)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Mine is on its smoother . I LIKE!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
well for one it hasnt done that stupid shutter when the car is cold like it use to.. but time will tell if it does... its got a lil more pep now. i think it runs a little bit smoother..

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
YellowSky said:
well for one it hasnt done that stupid shutter when the car is cold like it use to.. but time will tell if it does... its got a lil more pep now. i think it runs a little bit smoother..
Kewl! I'll put it on my upgrade list. My Dual Intake CAI is due here Wednesday or Thursday so I should have it installed for sure by the Key Largo cruise.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
nice.. i was thinken bout haven mine dynoed when i go up for an oil change soon...

·
Registered
669 Posts
YellowSky said:
Mine is on its smoother . I LIKE!
Any difficulties putting it on? It seems like it would be a pretty simple mod.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
like 3 mins! i have the GMPP CAI just loosen the clamps pull the intake tube off unbolt 4 10 MM nuts slap the new one on with the new bolts and all.. tighten down (not to much plastic intake manifold) put tube back one reconnect battery DONE takes longer waiten on the computer to reset... BTW no dirrections in the box but so simple who needs them!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Any new updates on how the mods are working? I going for the Big Bore next week and then the shortys....

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
taken it up THURS for service work and oil change to mobil 1 syn.. then gonna find a dyno shop n have it dynoed so stay tunned

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sorry I missed this but what was the $$$ and please let us know re: the performance. I would do this as well assuming its as easy as reported. :) The "Big-Bore+CAI+Reflash=200 hp?????.ohhhh sweet. My humble goal is 200 HP. Its the old idea to get under 15 lbs/hp.......for a Roadster, bent on doing touring on the twisty-turnie bits here in New England,(lots of great driving on the back roads) this will work just fine me thinks....:D

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
the TB is 337.16 but you get a 150.00 back when you return your core

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
How do you reset the computer? or do you just disconnect the battery for a while?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts