Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was at the Toronto AutoShow (big deal) (Oh did I type that out loud?) and I was talking with the Saturn rep for quite a while. I seemed to know more about the car than he did. He was asking me all sorts of questions.

One INTERESTING thing he said was that PRODUCTION STARTED TODAY! I find it hard to believe that production would start on a Friday. I think he was BSing me but that's what I was told.:bs:

I was also told that Canadian buyers should expect to see their cars in late MAY. Which is ok for me. He said we may see them sooner but they are saying late may so as not to cause problems.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
:agree:
rick112 said:
Well I was at the Toronto AutoShow (big deal) (Oh did I type that out loud?) and I was talking with the Saturn rep for quite a while. I seemed to know more about the car than he did. He was asking me all sorts of questions.

One INTERESTING thing he said was that PRODUCTION STARTED TODAY! I find it hard to believe that production would start on a Friday. I think he was BSing me but that's what I was told.:bs:

I was also told that Canadian buyers should expect to see their cars in late MAY. Which is ok for me. He said we may see them sooner but they are saying late may so as not to cause problems.

:agree: :bs: SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
46 Posts
hmmm

perhaps by him saying it started on friday he meant they were getting everything ready so it can be totally ready to go monday.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Kinsey said:
perhaps by him saying it started on friday he meant they were getting everything ready so it can be totally ready to go monday.
I am still holding out for the 27th as i seen in the paperwork from SATURN... when i was at the dealership and my GM showed it to me...... but, like everything else... I WILL BELEIVE IT WHEN I SEE MY BABY... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
rick112 said:

The guy didn't seem to know alot. I talked to several people who were trying to get info, told them to come to this site. I even took pictures for some people standing in front of the Sky, with their camera. The guy said May 11th for the car debut in Canada, whether that is our cars remains to be seen.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I think your guy made it up. Taking the information as a whole, I'd say cars were produced to fill images sometime earlier this week, not just friday.

However, I'll say it once again, whether production started monday, tuesday, friday, or next week... it doesn't matter.

What everyone SHOULD be asking is "when will the first SKY's be shipped to fill dealer orders/allocations?"

THAT is the real "big deal" date. Shipping to fill orders means the cars being produced now have been deemed good enough to sell to customers.

Producing to fill orders is no big deal. The Solstice attemped to do this many times, and that's why we got post after post of "I was told production started today", where 'today' in that statement was:

January 2005
March 15, 2005
May 5th, 2005
May 16, 2005
May 23, 2005
May 30, and also may 31, 2005
June 6, 2005
june 15, 2005
Jun 21 (obvious desire being the summer solstice), 2005
July 14, 15, 19, 2005
July 25, 28, 2005

first car was delivered (most of the founding members remember this one) at a party at the Renaissance Center on August 5, 2005. When was that car built? Answer: nobody really knows...

Even AFTER that car was delivered, the cars were being built, then sequestered (ask mceb about that one - VIN 000030, suspect built sometime in July or August, IIRC he got his car in october???) and repaired by the hundreds.... it was a mess over at Solsticeforum - people tearing their hair out and ranting about their cars being held up... man you guys should have seen the rumors THEN :lol:

So, you will continue to get all kinds of speculation, but (reiterated again) the start of production doesn't matter. What matters is when the first vehicle gets shipped to a dealer.

My guess, acutal start of production was prolly Valentine's Day, give or take a day. I won't even charge $0.02 for that one...

The next big hurdle is all the stuff that has to happen to cars built now before they ship. THAT is what we all should be asking - "when will the first cars reach dealers?" "When will the first cars be shipped?"
;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Then take a look at this photo of the willmington, Del plant with the Sky's sitting in the parking lot next to the Solstices, they are the ones with the tan tops, and look at the yellow one, you can just make out the sky's design in the door. This photo was taken last week.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I was told I would probably(and I reiterate probably) get sequnced & VIN this next week, having already had 2 TPW's come & go, I am apprehensive about it. I hope I can get in the 1st 1000, with a dealer image does anyone think this is a possibility? Like some of you out there, isn't 030 Event Code getting boring? Oh well my Dealer GM got a 'Vette in for the used car lot, he told me I could borrow it next week after they have gone over it in the shop. This will at least break the monotony somewhat. Well, Monday dawns a new week!:D

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I learned a couple of things yesterday:
1) many,many skys have already been built(not necessarily new news) and are currently going through the post production inspection.
2) the current "release to commerce" date is either the 27th or 28th of this month. meaning that,like the Relay(big woop), all of the cars produced on the 1st run will be shipped out the same day.
If someone's retailer has indicated that their car was one of the 1st group, it should hit the store by the 2nd week of March.:)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
mark said:
I learned a couple of things yesterday:
1) many,many skys have already been built(not necessarily new news) and are currently going through the post production inspection.
2) the current "release to commerce" date is either the 27th or 28th of this month. meaning that,like the Relay(big woop), all of the cars produced on the 1st run will be shipped out the same day.
If someone's retailer has indicated that their car was one of the 1st group, it should hit the store by the 2nd week of March.:)
interesting..... my GM said that that was the TPW.... hmmmmmm.. i guess we shall see..... HOPEFULLY... MINE WILL BE HERE... i am still number 7 or 8 at my dealer and was told that mine WILL be in the first run. SkyBaby-07 thanks for the info Mark!:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
lots of conflicting info out there. TPW actually stands for "target production week"....not related to shipping schedules. :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Due to the nature of this thread, I just wanted to remind any potential posters to this thread that GM does monitor these forums looking for potential information leaks. They take leaked production dates, information, etc very seriously. So although we all love to know what is actually going on, I want everyone to also remember that any insiders need to be especially careful not to give away any information GM may consider to be an industrial secret. GM has ways of finding the sources of leaks, and workers have lost their jobs over them. I don't think anyone on the forum wants to get information at the cost of someone's job. So just be careful, and aware of what you are telling us before you post!

That said, we welcome anything that can be provided! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Due to the nature of this thread, I just wanted to remind any potential posters to this thread that GM does monitor these forums looking for potential information leaks. They take leaked production dates, information, etc very seriously. So although we all love to know what is actually going on, I want everyone to also remember that any insiders need to be especially careful not to give away any information GM may consider to be an industrial secret. GM has ways of finding the sources of leaks, and workers have lost their jobs over them. I don't think anyone on the forum wants to get information at the cost of someone's job. So just be careful, and aware of what you are telling us before you post!

That said, we welcome anything that can be provided! :cheers:
We are a familly so take care as Fomula has suggested, after all can't buy that Sky iffin you ain't got that job. :cool: :grouphug:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
nighttripper said:
We are a familly so take care as Fomula has suggested, after all can't buy that Sky iffin you ain't got that job. :cool: :grouphug:

:agree: i only pass info that my dealership salesmen have passed to me.. or the GM there..... but, i think that if one of them "leaked" something they shouldnt have and one of "us" posts it..... that could be NOT A GOOD THING FOR ALL..... hmmmm.... very interesting..... i would hope that an acutal SATURN WORKER/SALESMEN/GM/OFFICE PERSONNEL..:nono: :nono: wouldnt do that, but as we all know it is very hard to keep lips closed. Be very, very careful of what is put down as POSITIVE information, it could come back and bite you and us in the butt..... ... i always try to say... OPINION.... hope i didnt confuse anyone further... i am rambling.... SkyBaby-07

REMEMBER... WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER..... :grouphug:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This was information that the Saturn guy told me he was aloud to tell everyone. They seemed cautious about giving out anything that would get them into trouble.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
rick112 said:
This was information that the Saturn guy told me he was aloud to tell everyone. They seemed cautious about giving out anything that would get them into trouble.

It seems that EVERY dealership guy... or GM of each dealership.... tell different dates.. Mine told me that the TPW was 227..... i asked to see the paper.. he showed it to me... NOW... wether that was the ACTUAL paper.. i am not sure... it did have all the legit-looking Saturn Corp info on the top... but, who knows...... You would think that at their tuesday meetings they would be able to get on the SAME PAGE...... and pass along the SAME INFO... just a thought. SkyBaby-07

1 - 18 of 18 Posts