Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Announcing the birth of VIN # 7007, born on 7/31/06 (one of the 817 cars built during the month); the child has a nice Silver Pearl color and its wheels are all chrome. :thumbs: It will need to spend the next couple of weeks being weaned from the plant, in parking lots, on trains and trucks before the official delivery the last week of August.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Any baby with all it's lug nuts is a healthy baby congradulations! :thumbs:

·
Registered
205 Posts
hehe it's like it's in the glass room and your still in birthing room. You know it's coming and your anxious to see it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
WOW,, VIN"s over 7000! hang in there, it will be here soon!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats!

Way to go!:cheers: At first I thought you had our car......but then I noticed automatic trans.....we ordered manual.:D Hopefully we are not far behind you, we just went to 3400 this past week. Hope you have a speedy delivery!:thumbs:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi everyone, I am very new to this forum. I have written only a few posts so far. Please bear with me, I am going to tell my "Sky" story as only one very lucky "Sky Owner" can. I related part of this in another post to someone who was trying to order a Redline. And to the moderators, the general forum and "Skyroadster", thank you for the birthday wish this morning. I loved it.

I just joined this group a few days ago. I live in both East Texas, (Arlington), and West Michigan, (Grand Haven). I saw and read about the Sky a few months ago. I thought as soon as I saw it, I need one of those, that is really neat. I was extremely busy at the time and didn't have an opportunity to really check on one. I finally started making phone calls the day after I arrived back in Michigan for the summer, BINGO! I was lucky and hit a dealer at just the right moment, they still had their totally decked out demo model AND, another the same color that had been their first ordered come in earlier that week. The lady who ordered it could no longer buy it. They called the others that had ordered one and they all wanted to wait for their own. So, the management had a meeting that Friday afternoon at 4:00, and told their sales staff they were going to sell their Demo and keep the one that had been ordered. I called early Saturday morning, the salesman said "You are not going to believe this, but yes, we have one for sale, and yes, it's here right now". Need I say anymore? As soon as I pulled in and saw it sitting on their front lawn with the top down right next too the highway, I said, "It's mine". I did take it for a test drive, but when the salesman started pointing things out, I just said, "No need, your job's already done, the car was sold as soon as I pulled in your driveway, it's mine now". I took it home with me that same day and I love it. I had been looking at classic Corvettes in Texas because they have aways been my passion. But I wouldn't trade my SKY for one now, although they are beautiful cars. and I still love those too. The point I am making is, to anyone looking for a "Sky", it never hurts to call around and keep calling. Sometimes the people who order them no longer want them or no longer can take possession of them for one reason or another. If the others on the list do not want that car, then there you are. I realize in some areas this may not happen, but it could, it happened to me. As I said though, I bought one that has all the bells and whistles, every possible option, even the neat special order wheels, (which was all fine with me), and it was also black. So no choices, but I wouldn't trade it for any other color, it is beautiful. Start calling, you never know.

To all of you other "Sky" owners, isn't it the most awesome car you have ever driven? I can't spend enough time in mine. I/we, have actually saw two people drive off the road looking at it. It doesn't just catch attention, it commands it. From the very young to the very old, everyone smiles instantly when they see it. I had two men in a huge dump truck block me in a driveway when I was turning around, the driver yelled, "Who makes that?" I said, "Saturn", He looked confused for a minute and then with a big smile, he said, "That is SWEEEEEEEET!" I said, "Yes, it is".

I have taken pictures and want to post them in the gallery and the small one as well, but for some reason, I haven't been able to upload them.. possibly the size. I will keep trying.

Thanks for letting me share my Saturn story.

Mary
ONX SKY
VIN 0292
Black Onyx/Black Leather
Black top
5 Speed Manual
XM*MP3*6-Disk*Monsoon Stereo
18'' Crome Cast Wheels
Spoiler
Wind Screen
You name it... it's got it, and I love it!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess with a VIN over 7000, that means that the 2006 production is at 70% complete, yet here we are in the first part of August and production started in March. It seems that they are running ahead suddenly, or maybe the total production will exceed 10,000.

In any case, the wait is a little better to handle knowing there is actually a car produced and is sitting in some outlot, rather than waiting for the production to be actually scheduled.

Now I start thinking about the mods that I might make over the winter (Magna Flow dual cat-back, here I come!).

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Golf Sky said:
Announcing the birth of VIN # 7007, born on 7/31/06 (one of the 817 cars built during the month); the child has a nice Silver Pearl color and its wheels are all chrome. :thumbs: It will need to spend the next couple of weeks being weaned from the plant, in parking lots, on trains and trucks before the official delivery the last week of August.
Exciting isn't it! You are almost there. Take a deep breath and before you know it, you'll have her.:thumbs:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am thinking that Labor Day weekend will be one of the best weekends of the year, as I will be :driving:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Golf Sky said:
I guess with a VIN over 7000, that means that the 2006 production is at 70% complete, yet here we are in the first part of August and production started in March.
I was thinking the same thing when I read the post. Seems like time flies. My VIN is 1001

1 - 11 of 11 Posts