Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor Trend showed the RL in the bluestone, but as the guy was talking it showed a video of a black redline and only the front. It was killer! Has anyone seen photos of a black redline? I would think if there was a short video, there would also be a vehicle for public photos? I have only seen the dark blue and the boo-berry blue, as well as a few shots of the silver pearl. If anyone is wondering what video I am talking about, go to Motortrend.com and search for saturn redline. The video should come up, starting with the editor and chief (british accent). He will talk for alittle while and then while he is talking it will show the black redline in motion from the front only.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's WHAT IM GETTING :willy: Can't wait

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok, I have to ask a question of those that have already received their Sky in black. I saw one in person back in May, after I ordered mine, and while I really wanted black, decided on the Silver because I didnt think the black had the depth and shine I would like. The one I saw supported my decision that the color just didnt pop enought.... Any comments?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well I knew I wasn't gonna get black even though it looks killer, but that video saved me $500 by telling me I don't need the chrome wheels. :D

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have seen about 3-4 skys with the polished alloy wheels. I honestly thought the polished alloys would look like the alloy on the solstice, but it really looks more like a chrome, except faded slightly. I would not order the chrome for the redline, the alloys are very shiney. They are not your usual alloys in that they reflect images due to the polishing. Unless you are right up on them, it is difficult to tell the alloys from the chrome.:thumbs:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nemesis said:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I have seen about 3-4 skys with the polished alloy wheels. I honestly thought the polished alloys would look like the alloy on the solstice, but it really looks more like a chrome, except faded slightly. I would not order the chrome for the redline, the alloys are very shiney. They are not your usual alloys in that they reflect images due to the polishing. Unless you are right up on them, it is difficult to tell the alloys from the chrome.:thumbs:
Park one with polished wheels next to one with chrome....the difference is like night and day !!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Black can look beautiful, but not as it comes from the factory. The factory paint has way too much orange peel that is especially noticable on black cars.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was hoping someone had gotten pictures somewhere other then the video, I guess not. My first inclination was that this was a dark video of the blue RL, but after watching it for some time, I feel that it is a black RL. I have not seen any of the pictures of the black RL.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Way2Fast said:
Park one with polished wheels next to one with chrome....the difference is like night and day !!

I am hoping that with the lack of skys this won't happen too often.......anyway I am getting the alloys, I think chrome is too blingy and belongs on older cars. I had chrome magnum 500s on my 73 mach I, I think alloy belongs on todays rims. I am sure there are those that like the chrome (I don't dislike it), but I like the alloy better. I just wanted to be sure that those that are thinking the alloy will look like the usual flat grey, it won't. It is highl polished to a shine very close to the chrome. It is definitely not flat. If you put the chrome net to the alloy, you could tell the difference, but for the average joe running around out there, there will not be a huge difference like there usually is.:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a black sky with the red/black leather..and I put Chrome rims on it...It really looks good..I ordered my RL the exact same way.............pphjj

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
CJREDLINE said:
Is something like this good ? Hope so cause I spent 2 days looking, and it's the best I have seen.
Cool! But what happened to the Saturn badge on the front chromie?

·
Registered
540 Posts
CJREDLINE said:
Is something like this good ? Hope so cause I spent 2 days looking, and it's the best I have seen.
definately photoshoped - nice but photoshoped.

·
Registered
540 Posts
CJREDLINE said:
The color was just changed of the Blue Redline on the Saturn site. Yes, the badge was removed. I think it looks good.
oh it does look good :thumbs: hope I didnt imply that it didnt. I am just ready to see a real pic of an honest to goodness black RL !!! Actually I am chomping at the bit to see all of the colors in an RL, but especially a black one or midnight blue in my garage:D .

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CJREDLINE said:

Those are good photochops! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts