Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted elsewhere... I thought would provoke comments since I haven't seen any modded Skys yet. Looks stylin' to me! (hopefully the pics link will remain active for awhile)

http://git.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2019400&l=642a1&id=12801547

From GT7524a
His reply to a question on the wheels:
Since i knew i would be getting the car soon I went to butler and tire and had those rims made a month ago. The problem I encountered was that the Sky came out with a brand new bolt pattern that no one recognizes as of yet so there are no rims available for it. But MHT does custom wheels and they said that the "Driv Vixens" (the name of my wheels) were the only ones that they could customize to fit my car. It took them a month to make my wheels and its funny because the day that i found out that i could get my car is the day that my rims came in. So you know what happened, I drove str8 from Pennsylvannia to the rim shop and got the car pimped out all in the same day. I even had time to tint the windows. Now all i have to do is just sit in it and enjoy the ride

·
Registered
155 Posts
What was so wrong with the stock rims? Just the word stock? LOL I think those are wayyyyyyyyyyyy to big, the stockies are 18's already!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Like the looks but wouldn't want to hit a pothole. Is that an automatic? mmmmmm

·
Registered
136 Posts
lol the sky is bringing out all sorts of people.

the 5x110 is not a new bolt pattern, it's shared by the cobalt SS and the IRL, and a few other cars as well. not well known, but NOT new :p

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nice car, the wheels are ok, we are going with 19s, but the 20s don't look BAD....

the lip looks nice on the wheels though, needs to lose the fender gap lol

atleast I can see some more pictures of black with the spoiler, thats what we are gettin!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Axel said:
Posted elsewhere... I thought would provoke comments since I haven't seen any modded Skys yet. Looks stylin' to me! (hopefully the pics link will remain active for awhile)

http://git.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2019400&l=642a1&id=12801547

From GT7524a
His reply to a question on the wheels:
Don't like the rims and I would never have a car like that with an automatic. Sort of wimpy if you ask me:lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Thanks for the pictures.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Very cool... I was planning on 20's... still thinking about it, but I think I want ones with more mass, not as much open space as those. Maybe I will do 19's... cheaper tires. Yes, I know they will still cost a crap load. :willy:

It also needs to be lowered... but that is a GREAT start.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I do like the size of those 20s, but they're too bling-bling for my tastes. I would definetely go with something more conservative, like the ones that were on the VX Lightning concept.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Maverick said:
Dose the SKY have the same offset as the Cobalt?
Sky/Solstice is 55mm and if I remember correctly the Cobalt is 35mm.

·
Registered
136 Posts
to the best of my knowledge SS offset is a 45 actually (non sc's aren't even 5 bolt patterns ;) ), and I'm not sure but I think one or 2 have squeezed a 55 in there

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Cool pics ..
A bit too much for this purist -- but hey -- can't deny :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
When I search for rims on a discount tire website to fit an ION RedLine or the SS it comes up with an offset of 40.

When you search the same site for the Solstice, it comes up with 45... and 4 18" rims.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
:thumbs: I like my wheels just the way they are. But to each their own.:patriot:

·
Registered
43 Posts
i personally think the wheels are hot... not very practical, but they look awesome, a lot like foose wheels. and why all the hate on a automatic? i bet most of the people (not me tho) on this board will be getting the auto.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Your car is terrifyingly hot. Ga Tech will have no idea how to contain such a ride.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I ordered the polished wheels (QF8) and the offset was listed as 45.7mm? What should the offset be and is there enough tolerance to allow a 5mm difference?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts