Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some picts of a black Sky that was refused by a customer in line. On the market I guess - 2K over MSRP. Guess the no haggle price lasted to car number 2 on the list.:nono:

Anyway, here are some high quality picts!

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
saturn of route ---- right? i am trying to get on their RL list and they called me saturday saying they had a black sky that was turned down.

i was seriously tempted to call them back and take it, didn't realize they were charging 2k OVER MSRP though, wtf

edit: oops didn't know that about dealers..... where's that rule at?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Freakazoid said:
xxxxxxxxxxx right? i am trying to get on their RL list and they called me saturday saying they had a black sky that was turned down.

i was seriously tempted to call them back and take it, didn't realize they were charging 2k OVER MSRP though, wtf
You should edit your post to remove name - I did on the pictures! The rules I think!

Yea, the dealer added a cover, fabric guard, and lots of hot air to get to the price!

Did they call you cause your on the list? I'm 5th and did not get a call. Of course it was not the color I wanted either.

·
Registered
136 Posts
editted, where's that rule at?

and i'm really glad i didn't call back then, i think i'm going to have to call a different dealership to put in a sky redline order then....

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I know if my dealer tried that on me we'd be having some problems! My wife works for a law firm and they'd be feeling some heat. Especially after almost a year long wait. :mad:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Is that metal along the floormat in the interior shot (which is a great hi-res pic thanks)... but what is that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Second Sky Refused

I'm from n/east Ohio and have the second sky order for Saturn of Rt___. I am curious if that is the dealership that I have a deposit at becouse; My order is for Black/Black/Black, chrome wheels, auto trans etc. If it truely is the same dealership;
1) the #1 sky has been delivered to it's owner
2) I am #2 with the discription listed above, and have not turned down any car!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
ARTIE2 said:
I'm from n/east Ohio and have the second sky order for Saturn of Rt___. I am curious if that is the dealership that I have a deposit at becouse; My order is for Black/Black/Black, chrome wheels, auto trans etc. If it truely is the same dealership;
Sounds like you had better be making some calls.:eek:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Turk said:
Here are some picts of a black Sky that was refused by a customer in line. On the market I guess - 2K over MSRP. Guess the no haggle price lasted to car number 2 on the list.:nono:

Anyway, here are some high quality picts!
Those are some UGLY Mud Flaps, I am glad My dealer talked me out of getting them, I have seen the ones on the Solstice and they look much better, I wonder if they will fit the Sky....

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
ARTIE2 said:

It's not a automatic it's a stick

·
Registered
136 Posts
ARTIE2 said:
erm that's not an auto tranny for the one there man....apparently you weren't actually #2 :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Botched Order (#2)

I'm just curious if they botched the order! It supposidly took various tries to get the auto tranny accepted.!!!!!!!!!!! Still #2?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Freakazoid said:
editted, where's that rule at?

and i'm really glad i didn't call back then, i think i'm going to have to call a different dealership to put in a sky redline order then....
We don't promote the advetisement of non-Supporting Dealer stock through these forums. Since this is a dealer ripping people off over MSRP and there's some nice pics, and as long as the dealer isn't named then we'll leave it in place.

·
Registered
122 Posts
rick112 said:
I know if my dealer tried that on me we'd be having some problems! My wife works for a law firm and they'd be feeling some heat. Especially after almost a year long wait. :mad:
there is nothing a law firm could do. lol. they are not doing anything illegal.

each dealers sets its own prices.
being on a waiting list/putting down a deposit is NOT a binding agreement.
making money based on the laws of supply and demand is NOT illegal.
breaking with traditional Saturn philosophy on ONE vehicle for LIMITED time is not illegal.

i don't mean to be rude, trust me, i don't agree with Saturn raising prices because of the potential damage to customer relations it may cause, but on this forum and others i hear people who are upset (understandably so) saying things like "that is against the law for them to mark up prices", "saturn should pull their franchise", "i'm going to call my [source of percieved power/authority] and [insert empty threat here]", etc...

its the car business. its economics. sure, it sucks, but like i've said before, Saturn's job is to sell cars, not hold my hand when i cross the street.

if you don't like a particular retailer marking up prices, then don't buy a Sky there. more than likely, the people who run the store have no say in the matter, that is an owner decision (you know, the guy that shows up every so often to make sure he is making money) and that owner probably several other dealerships that may or may not include non-Saturn franchises, and they are probably used to marking up cars that are in demand, and since Saturn has never really had an exciting car, then they are just doing what they have been doing for years.

i know, it sucks, but enough already, lol.
:nono: :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :chill: :chill: :rant: :nopity:

and yes, the Sky is gorgeous.

·
Registered
517 Posts
ykS said:
there is nothing a law firm could do. lol. they are not doing anything illegal.

each dealers sets its own prices.
being on a waiting list/putting down a deposit is NOT a binding agreement.
making money based on the laws of supply and demand is NOT illegal.
breaking with traditional Saturn philosophy on ONE vehicle for LIMITED time is not illegal.

i don't mean to be rude, trust me, i don't agree with Saturn raising prices because of the potential damage to customer relations it may cause, but on this forum and others i hear people who are upset (understandably so) saying things like "that is against the law for them to mark up prices", "saturn should pull their franchise", "i'm going to call my [source of percieved power/authority] and [insert empty threat here]", etc...

its the car business. its economics. sure, it sucks, but like i've said before, Saturn's job is to sell cars, not hold my hand when i cross the street.

if you don't like a particular retailer marking up prices, then don't buy a Sky there. more than likely, the people who run the store have no say in the matter, that is an owner decision (you know, the guy that shows up every so often to make sure he is making money) and that owner probably several other dealerships that may or may not include non-Saturn franchises, and they are probably used to marking up cars that are in demand, and since Saturn has never really had an exciting car, then they are just doing what they have been doing for years.

i know, it sucks, but enough already, lol.
:nono: :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :chill: :chill: :rant: :nopity:

and yes, the Sky is gorgeous.
Some people wrote that they got it in writing that the dealer would sell for MSRP. In that case a lawyer would be appropriate. I havent seen any of the posts where forum members said it was against the law to sell for more than msrp and of course that would be wrong. The best way to get a dealer back for screwing you like that is to never buy a car from him again. I am lucky to live in Richmond Va and be able to deal with a wonderful dealership.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Exactly!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
So far my dealer has been great as well! We have read stories of dealers trying to back out of the MSRP thing though. Not buying from him is one way to get him back the other is to report him to Saturn. They can't stop him but they can reduce his allocations!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Asking someone off the street to pay over MSRP is one thing. Telling someone to pay over MSRP after previously telling the same person they would be charged no more than MSRP is just bad business IMO. In the case of people who have a signed agreement for the price, I would consider it more than bad business. However, even going back on a "handshake deal" or promise is really bad business, and not a dealer I would want to do any future business with.

I would not like any dealer asking me to pay over MSRP, but I could at least respect a dealer that is upfront about the price. Not being upfront about it from the start is very un-Saturn like in their overall customer relations which are generally top notch.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ARTIE2 said:
Wow! They told me this was the second car for the second guy on the list and he TURNED IT DOWN! I think they botched your order - OR - they could not get the auto and had to order something - so they are calling it their demo. Isn't there a limit on how long an image can be held and then it gets order as is? I guess I'll just keep my mouth shut.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts