Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time so here we go again!!!!

Calling all Central IL SKY's! (And anyone else out of the area interested in checking out some great cars!!)

All the local car clubs in Bloomington, Normal have a cruise in the second Saturday of every month. I have gone the last 2 months and had a great time! Last month we had 16 Sols & Skys! The organziers thanked us for having such a great turnout during the awards!! Hudd even won an award despite it being Import Night!

The cars start arriving around 5:30 and then break up and do some cruising after 8 or so. They meet in the K's parking alot right on the main strip along Veterans Parkway. There is usally over 100 cars. No vendor, just a bunch of really nice cars. K's is right off Verteran's Parkway and runs the lenght of Bloomington Normal. I think the cross road is Clearwater.

The August Cruise In had 303 cars! It's Buick, Olds, and Pontiac night this month, so come on out with your Sols!! I'll have another Pool Party starting at 1:00 pm for those of you who'd like to come in early. You can even shine up you Kappas!

1403 N Veterans Pkwy, Bloomington, IL
June = 2 Kappa's, 1 Sky and 1 Sol.
July = 7 Kappa's, 2 Skys and 5 Sols
Aug = 16 Kappa's, 6 Skys and 10 Sols

Map and Directions:
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...88993611,17863585566520277259&li=lmd&z=14&t=m

http://www.twincitycruisers.com

Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You beat me to it!!!

I'm in! I don't know if we'll get the numbers we had last month, but we'll give it a shot!

Keep that pool warm!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
185 Posts
You beat me to it!!!

I'm in! I don't know if we'll get the numbers we had last month, but we'll give it a shot!

Keep that pool warm!!!:cheers:
I don't think Jen can make it, but I will be there:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I am GOING to be ok.. by then... at least that is what i am telling myself..... gotta get more beads... Brian and I will come if we can..... let me know if there is something you want us to bring... besides the scrapbook and signin book. Thanks for everything. HELLO PRINCESS SHARON. SkyBaby

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I feel so much better being at home.. in my own room...... Let Princess Sharon and I-Hawk know..... I GOT SOME BEADS FOR THEM.... and for..... the neighbors wife......... so..... what is the favorite colors for all?... WOMEN THAT IS..... i will do my best.... I was thinking, since i cant do much of anything and i am going to have a darkroom in my house, do you all mind if i take pics and continue with the scrapbook? and if i cant be at the events, someone email them to me? I would like to stay in contact and keep productive with all. I better get some sleep.... Just let me know.... SkyBaby

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Bump. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What,,, nobody is coming to the cruise in. Figures, now that the pool is finished!

Oh well!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
What,,, nobody is coming to the cruise in. Figures, now that the pool is finished!

Oh well!
Now wait a sec....Here's the list:

Skys:
You (SkyHi07)
SkyPup

Maybe: Former Sky Owner & Longtime Forum Member - SkyBaby

Sols:
Me (ihawk95)
GoBoilers

So we have a few party goers. It better be nice Saturday! One last pool fling!!!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If I didn't have a wedding to go to -- I'd most likely be there

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Now wait a sec....Here's the list:

Skys:
You (SkyHi07)
SkyPup

Maybe: Ex Sky - SkyBaby

Sols:
Me (ihawk95)
GoBoilers

So we have a few party goers. It better be nice Saturday! One last pool fling!!!

UGH... so that is what i am now.... EX SKY..... makes me feel like a mean, ol witch...... anyway..... unfortunatly i am sick again. no parties for me... i will forward the book and beads... TAKE LOTS OF PICS FOR ME...... SkyBaby

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
UGH... so that is what i am now.... EX SKY..... makes me feel like a mean, ol witch...... anyway..... unfortunatly i am sick again. no parties for me... i will forward the book and beads... TAKE LOTS OF PICS FOR ME...... SkyBaby
Oooh, yeah you're right...ex sounds like a bad in-law. How about "Former"!

Well that just stinks you aren't feeling good. I'll still keep ya on the maybe list just in case! Maybe a change in weather will help! Wishfull thinking, but I am the eternal optimist!! :D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
OK, in an effort to generate more interest in Saturday's festivities, I've started posting reasons on the Solstice forum as to why everyone should seriously considering coming to Bloomington. Today's reason:

Free bread raffle!

Let's go people!!! You can't pass up an opportunity at winning free bread!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL,, it is good bread, I won some!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Now,... would this bread have... SAY... POPPY SEEDS?.. whooo hooo... wish i could make it.... MISS ME... K? SkyBaby

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I thought the bread might spark a little interest! As for the poppy seeds...I'm not sure! SkyHi would have to tell us since he's a past winner!!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
New List

The Green Bay Kids are coming down again! Three in a row!! Here's the list:

Skys:
You (SkyHi07)
SkyPup

Maybe: Former Sky Owner & Longtime Forum Member - SkyBaby

Sols:
Yours Truly (ihawk95)
GoBoilers
gbslysol

I gave GoBoilers & gbslysol directions to the pool. GoBoilers is going to Crawdad's benefit first so he'll be over around 2:00 pm. I should be on time tomorrow. I have to finish waxing/detailing the car tonight.

Also, Hudd won't be able to make it Sat, but he's coming up Sunday for a show at College Hills Mall. If it doesn't rain, anybody want to do that too? I don't have any plans so I could come back down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts