Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had to take my baby in to the dealership today, her check engine light came on a would not go off so i took her in to see what is wrong. hope it is nothing mager. just glad it happened today and not over the weekend for the sky/solstice run in the dells.

will let you know what we find out.

·
Registered
450 Posts
my engine light came on at 2800 miles. Call Onstar they will tell you what is wrong. My cat. converter went bad.

-karen

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my engine light came on at 2800 miles. Call Onstar they will tell you what is wrong. My cat. converter went bad.

-karen
miles 2824
i called onstar and they could not get anything to come up saying there was a problem. the dealers said it was something to do with our catlatic converter. they said that they have a bulliten on it. we were advised to run it for an hour at hwy speed (they did something to it) well we did not even get home (about 1/2 hour drive from the dealers) and the lite came back on. i am going to call them in the morning and tell them to just get it fixed because we are going to the run in the dells this weekend and i don't want it to go bad while we are out in the boonies. :banghead: :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
miles 2824
i called onstar and they could not get anything to come up saying there was a problem. the dealers said it was something to do with our catlatic converter. they said that they have a bulliten on it. we were advised to run it for an hour at hwy speed (they did something to it) well we did not even get home (about 1/2 hour drive from the dealers) and the lite came back on. i am going to call them in the morning and tell them to just get it fixed because we are going to the run in the dells this weekend and i don't want it to go bad while we are out in the boonies. :banghead: :mad:
didnt leave the gas cap off did ya:)?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didnt leave the gas cap off did ya:)?
no i did not leave the gas cap off? :confused: what would that do to it.
i talked to the dealer and he said that we may have to replace the catl converter but they are going to try and get it fixed so we can do the run in the dells this weekend.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Tell your dealer that there's another 35 Solstices and Skys waiting for you to show up in the Dells, and there are NO EXCUSES allowed to prevent you from coming.

·
Registered
450 Posts
wow...we had the same problem! The new catl. converter took 1 week to come in. My Sky was still Okay to drive...but the check engine light was on until it was replaced! If you don't have any loss of power...I would say go on the Dells cruise! hmmmmm Anyone else out there who has already had to replace the catl converter? And no...I did not leave the gas cap loose and yes I use good gas... do I forsee a recall ??? :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow...we had the same problem! The new catl. converter took 1 week to come in. My Sky was still Okay to drive...but the check engine light was on until it was replaced! If you don't have any loss of power...I would say go on the Dells cruise! hmmmmm Anyone else out there who has already had to replace the catl converter? And no...I did not leave the gas cap loose and yes I use good gas... do I forsee a recall ??? :)
hubby just got done at dealers and they said they will be replacing the catl converter but have to order it, but said it would be ok till then.

solwhat, we will be there come h**l or snow (i would say water but my luck it would be snow)
i have my dig camera charging now all i have to do is find the charger to charge up the walkie talkies. oh and pack yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts