Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Look at the red color of the Saturn emblem - it's almost pink. Makes me think the lighting is making the blue seem lighter than it may be...

Either way, I'm glad we went with forest green!

·
Registered
234 Posts
That color is similar to the one on the Aura concept I believe... same as the small picture posted Saturday..

If you go on the Saturn Website and look at the Bluestone picture and compare it to this one you can see where it is coming from.. it doesn't look too off to me :)

Also bet it looks alot better in person!

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Bluestone

Jordan said:
If you go on the Saturn Website and look at the Bluestone picture
Where on Saturn's website do you see the Bluestone? For the base Sky it was there awhile back with a note that said not available at the start of production. Under the Future Vehicles for the Sky Red Line the picture there to me looks like it is the midnight blue - not bluestone.

Then again - it just occured to me that I have seen actual Bluestone before - and it does look like this: http://www.stoneyard.com/photos/bs-irr-thermal-flagging.jpg it is not a high gloss type material to begin with - so if they were actually shooting for a simulation of real bluestone then I think the pics I have seen and the video from NYIAS may not be too far off the mark - and unless it looks much better in person has just dropped my list oof possibilities.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Lil GTO said:
Where on Saturn's website do you see the Bluestone? For the base Sky it was there awhile back with a note that said not available at the start of production. Under the Future Vehicles for the Sky Red Line the picture there to me looks like it is the midnight blue - not bluestone.

Then again - it just occured to me that I have seen actual Bluestone before - and it does look like this: http://www.stoneyard.com/photos/bs-irr-thermal-flagging.jpg it is not a high gloss type material to begin with - so if they were actually shooting for a simulation of real bluestone then I think the pics I have seen and the video from NYIAS may not be too far off the mark - and unless it looks much better in person has just dropped my list oof possibilities.
I have a feeling that is it -- HOWEVER -- the lighting in that pic was terrible. Remember how Chili Pepper was looking all orange under some lights and stuff -- We need to see it in DAYLIGHT!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I saw the Bluestone sample swatch in the Saturn book that is provided to salespeople, and it looked a lot better in the book than this picture.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Much Better Picture

I bet this IS the Bluestone --
If you go to to MSNBC and about 1/2 way down the page you can look at a slide show (cool cars) The SKY Redline is #7 -- MUCH BETTER looking -- I bet it IS the Bluestone and that explains the delay -- they will not allow bluestone until after the show. . . .:thumbs: (They did this to me years ago with Rallye Green)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I agree that the pic in the slideshow on MSNBC does look a lot better than the pic that was posted in this thread....but I still don't like it. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think we were expecting it to be a metallic color like the others (with metal flake in the paint) and it's not. I don't like it; I initially wanted bluestone but now I can see why they didn't make it a priority to ship Bluestone models in the first batch... it's going to be a niche color.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1994SC2 said:
I think I just threw up in my mouth.
i don't mind the color, but i still threw up too. why? the materials on this thing remind me of a circus. the color just looks like another shade of black/silver/chrome, making it even crazier. i think they couldn't decide what they liked better so they decided to use everything!

pick one thing and stick to it saturn! :nonod:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
On the MSNBC Pic

Thank you for posting that pic -- I could not figure out how...

Notice the side vent... Chrome? White? Some color there:confused:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Once again why my vote (and the majority) goes to silver Pearl. It's the only color that blends in with all the painted silver trim and does away with having too many finish colors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Thank you for posting that pic -- I could not figure out how...

Notice the side vent... Chrome? White? Some color there:confused:
no problem. if you hold crtl and hit the prtsc button it will take a screen shot of your whole screen. you can then open a program like photoshop and paste it, and crop out the extra stuff.

the side vent looks like the same silver around the foglights. i think they should use that silver and replace all the chrome. i think they should limit themselves to fewer material/colors.

i also think black looks good, that way it matches the headlights and they don't stand out anymore. right now the headlights are the only black piece on there (besides mesh grille which is typical) and they look out of place to me.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
themann42 said:
right now the headlights are the only black piece on there (besides mesh grille which is typical) and they look out of place to me.

When you say "black headlights" are you referring to the smoked lens covering?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts