Saturn Sky Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to scream about this color...and I know I will make people who ordered the Bluestone very mad...and I realize that color is subjective, but to order the bluestone, one has/had to be color blind....it is by far the worst color out there.....I saw it in person today and even the service techs couldn't get over it.

Please don't scream at me...just had to vent.

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics never impressed me...toyota and some other manufacturers have bluestone as a choice...this is one color that does not go on ANY vehicle. There is alot of grey mixed in with this color. I see it this way.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am not screaming

Mike

As you said color is subjective.....does it look to you like the color in the brochoure? That is what I was thinking, from all the pics and the ones of Eye on Skys's redline...I was hoping it had a lot of gray in it with the metallic flake. I think it looks great but have not seen it in person and I think the car looks great in any color.

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this color does not have metal flake...it is plain drab....best way to describe it....it may appear better in a warmer area of the country but in Jersey, it is just plain blah. Some people still insist that they love it...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but I always say, something beautiful is universal...Bluestone does not fit into my philosophy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Cancerstick man

this color does not have metal flake...it is plain drab....best way to describe it....it may appear better in a warmer area of the country but in Jersey, it is just plain blah. Some people still insist that they love it...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but I always say, something beautiful is universal...Bluestone does not fit into my philosophy.
I know cigarettes ruin your tastebuds ( among other more vital things), maybe it affects the eyesight as well. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think it's extremely rude to insult other's choice of color. BTW, it does have metalflake and way more exciting than the color choice of the car you have pictured on your profile. To each his/her own I guess. You always seem to have such a negative opinion on everything. I wonder if others have noticed? Hmm? Maybe that's why you smoke???

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I'm on the fence for this color. Would I order a bluestone Sky? Donno, I would have to see the car in person. All the Sky colors are cool IMHO. The few who have posted it in daylight, to me looks very much acceptable. Since it is a lighter color blue, it would appear to me that the dirt will not show off as much as say my midnite blue, or the black, or even the white. No matter the color if she gets dirty, it'll show no matter what. It's just with some colors not as bad. By the way, those who call it "metal flake" paint should get the terminology a little better, it's called "metallic paint finish", if i'm wrong, someone, please correct me if you can--:D :lol: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
I'm waiting to see it in person to really make my mind about it. It seems to be a color that changes hues as the light hits it and it will look drastically different at night, during the day, under shade, etc.

I hope to see one in person this week (I keep hoping) and take many pictures to see the different personalities of this color... :thumbs:

Who knows, if I like it well enough, I may change color... :eek:

Regards,

BA...

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I am not screaming......but that's why God made us all different and the color wheel is so varied.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I know cigarettes ruin your tastebuds ( among other more vital things), maybe it affects the eyesight as well. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I think it's extremely rude to insult other's choice of color. BTW, it does have metalflake and way more exciting than the color choice of the car you have pictured on your profile. To each his/her own I guess. You always seem to have such a negative opinion on everything. I wonder if others have noticed? Hmm? Maybe that's why you smoke???
Gorgeous dog in your Avatar! Is that yours?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I also don't really know what to think about the Bluestone. I think it's in between a few different colors, and just doesn't seem to really pop like the other colors do.

Eye of the beholder is very true with this color.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I do not like or dislike the bluestone color, but will have to say it is way better than olive green and it looks better on the SKY than say a Pontiac Aztec. Come to think of it, all colors look beter on a SKY than they do on an Aztec:)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I do not like or dislike the bluestone color, but will have to say it is way better than olive green and it looks better on the SKY than say a Pontiac Aztec. Come to think of it, all colors look beter on a SKY than they do on an Aztec:)
Ah the Aztec........Pontiac is up to the plate.....Pitcher nods....winds up.......SWING AND A MISS

·
Registered
450 Posts
my opinion....I do not like Bluestone either.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
in Jersey, it is just plain blah.
I've been to Jersey. 'Blah' is pretty generous! :lol:

I'm going to have to agree with Mike on this one. I saw the bluestone outside the plant, and it wasn't for me. I've seen some pics that look better than that car did that partly cloudy day, and some that look worse. That was originally the color I wanted, but I switched to Graphite because Bluestone wouldn't be available at first. I'm glad it worked out that way, because I really don't think I'd be as happy with it as I expected.

And Mike, I look forward to your garbage barge comment! :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Georgeous Dog

Gorgeous dog in your Avatar! Is that yours?
Why thank you, and yes he is mine!! His name is Guinness, and he's eight years old with the energy and physique of a 3 year old. A very avid swimmer and loves Tennis balls. The smartest dog I have ever owned. Sorry, I love to brag on him as you can tell!!! He is a pure bred yellow labrador retriever, believe it or not.. He was the only one in his litter with the beautiful red coat, the other nine pups were very light blonde that everyone is used to in a yellow lab.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I owe you an apology

Not a smoker...but does like southern comfort and ginger ale.
Ok, so maybe I was a little harsh. Sorry about assuming you are a smoker. I just got offended at how harsh you are about the bluestone color (which I have ordered). A "Not my choice of colors would suffice". Using adjective such as ugly and hellacious are offending and insulting IMO. Everyone has different tastes, but you don't need to crucify someone's choice just because you don't like it. BTW, I like Blueberry Stoli's on the rocks with a twist of lime and Guinness Stout:cheers: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I like Blueberry Stoli's on the rocks with a twist of lime and Guinness Stout:cheers: :lol: :lol: :lol:
um... "Not my choice of alcohol" hehehe... You had me with the BluestoneBerry Stoli and lime - but I'd leave the Guinness outta the mix!
:willy:
hehehe

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.