Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well. I opted to remove the Lumma spoiler - and not to go with a spoiler at all.

300 to have it removed and trunk repainted.

The latest repair... I wasn't looking for a deal - this garage charges dealer prices.

Diagnostics: Check Engine Light 188
Diagnostics: Cooling System 152 (A hose broke close to the firewall) 152
Remove and Replace Engine Mounts 451
Lube, Oil & Filter Service - Synthetic Blend 45
Remove and replace Heater hose 563
Water Pump: Remove and Replace - includes parts 1452 (The WP was previously replaced 22K miles ago)
Install exhaust and Intake VVTs 221
Replace brake-fluid, install new plugs
Discount -252

Smog (lasts two years) 89
Registration til 12/2022 120.
Insurance until 6/2022 900.

Swapping the VVTs and plugs has made the car feel noticeably more responsive. Eventhough it's a 2.4L (with the redline dual exhaust) it sounds powerful. Sounds great.
And the new engine mounts give the car a feels-like-new drive (previously I'd replaced the rotars, brake pads, G-Comp tires and shocks)

Body work, repair, registration and six-months insurance around 4600.

Attachments

Registered
Well. I opted to remove the Lumma spoiler - and not to go with a spoiler at all.

The latest repair... I wasn't looking for a deal - this garage charges dealer prices.

Water Pump: Remove and Replace - includes parts 1452 (The WP was previously replaced 22K miles ago)
Discount -252

Swapping the VVTs and plugs has made the car feel noticeably more responsive. Eventhough it's a 2.4L (with the redline dual exhaust) it sounds powerful. Sounds great.
And the new engine mounts give the car a feels-like-new drive (previously I'd replaced the rotars, brake pads, G-Comp tires and shocks)

looking good Emm,love your mirrors !!! (y) :geek:馃嚚馃嚘

Registered
I opted to remove the Lumma spoiler - and not to go with a spoiler at all.
Ah.....that will look great.

One thing you "might" want to consider changing, is your rubber antenna with a shark-style like I did. It will look exceptional, most especially on your black stripe. I bought mine a year ago, brand new off eBay for $19 and free shipping. I found my eBay sale page, but the seller must have run out of stock.
Font Circle Rectangle Number Paper product

No modification is required to your Sky in any manner. There are 4 Shark connectors (3 on the Sky) of which 3 color-match the Sky harness. Cut the 4th unused connector with wire off the Shark. For the remaining 3, cut off their plastic shrouds and plug each one into the appropriate color-coded Sky connection, then wrap with electrical tape to prevent accidental disconnect and also to isolate the shrouded ground casings from the steel deck lid in case there is any technical issue with intermittent contact. There is a cast metal base piece on the Shark that is easily removed so that you don't have to modify the rear deck lid hole in any manner. Easy peasy, no mods to the Sky itself, and is easily reverted back to the original antenna if you later change your mind. I tested it afterwards and the OnStar and XM radio work fine with the Shark.

It is surely a matter of taste, but I feel the Shark is nicely proportioned to the size of the rear deck lid. Not only for style, but also for durability.

If you have an OEM spoiler, the Shark will NOT fit because of an interference.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Premium Member

Discount -252

Some of those very expensive procedures are very easy to do. Anyone in the future reading this post please feel free to reach out. We're talking like 10-30 minutes to do and parts cost only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts