Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when Saturn will start producing bluestone Skys? Also, does anyone know why bluestone was not available initially?

Thanks, JCZ

·
Registered
304 Posts
I contact Saturn customer service every week and they have no information on when it will be available.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
JCZ said:
Does anyone know when Saturn will start producing bluestone Skys? Also, does anyone know why bluestone was not available initially?

Thanks, JCZ
When I test drove the dealer demo last week the salesman told me they were having trouble with either the mix :willy: or flow of the bluestone. They were working to fix that and he was told they were hoping to be able to order it in October. :eek: I like it, but the wife has been harping about English Racing Green for ever, so we went with Forest Green. Glad we did!:thumbs:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info on bluestone. I really prefer that color, but now have to decide if I want to wait for it to become available, or go with my second choice,midnight blue. Another consideration now comes into play. Will there be problems with bluestone paint down the road? Will it start to fade or peel a few years from now and will the problem be covered under warranty. I would appreciate any info on this topic from anyone who can shed some light on this situation.

Thanks, JCZ

·
Registered
304 Posts
I settled for a different color. Took me a while to make up my mind though...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I don't know what it is with that color. My brother had a Chrysler mini van in a grey blue that bgan peeling on it's 4 year. Paint peeled right off the roof and hood. It made me aware that something was wrong. I began noticing other blue grey cars out there, and guess what, they had a problem with their paint also. Look for blue-grey cars on the road the next time you are out driving. I bet you find several with paint problems. Could it be the dyes used? I will never own that color for this reason. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but do your own research. Doesn't seem to matter what "brand" car - just look for a 4+ year old blue-grey car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
JCZ said:

Thanks, JCZ
Bluestone was always an "interim availability" color. Communications from Saturn corporate when the car was unveiled in January 2005 said "mid-year '06". They are now being more specific and saying July production.

Any reports of paint problems are false:banghead:. Yet this keeps being posted/repeated. Dealers can't order this color yet because the images that they have been given are for production prior to July.

My advice is that if you really want the Bluestone, tell your dealer that you will wait for it to become available. Better to wait a few months than get a color you don't really want. Remember you will have this car for years...:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you

Thanks Johnny99:

That puts my mind at ease a little. I was getting concerned about the possibility of problems with bluestone paint. That is the color I prefer and I am willing to wait for it.

Thanks again for the info, JCZ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts