Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know for sure that the bluestone will be a added color this year ???

From what I've been reading in thread's, it seem's that people are guessing.
Is there an official word from Saturn that bluestone will be available.

Some people are waiting to order to get bluestone, but is it just a rumor???????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
I would guess around the time of the redLine...Like Us Sols get the Yellow for the GXP you'll get the Bluestone...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
deluke said:
Does any one know for sure that the bluestone will be a added color this year ???

From what I've been reading in thread's, it seem's that people are guessing.
Is there an official word from Saturn that bluestone will be available.

Some people are waiting to order to get bluestone, but is it just a rumor???????
My Dealer placed a call into Saturn to find about Redline Production and BlueStone availability. He was told that they would both go into production about the sametime. I imagine before the constraint is lifted for the RedLine the BlueStone will be available. That's the best info I have.

What I would like to know is if anyone has confirmed that the Blue Redline that has been seen at shows is actually BlueStone?

I think it may be another color of Blue that they have not metioned since it does not look like any of the samples we have seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
mynewsolstice said:
I would guess around the time of the redLine...Like Us Sols get the Yellow for the GXP you'll get the Bluestone...
No,I get the yellow, I'm getting the GXP. But I can't find anything official about bluestone. I'm just wondering. I wish the GXP had that color.

The reason I'm asking is that even though the pricing is not out on the GXP'S, we can put our yellow color choice in, but with the red line they can't enter the bluestone for color choice. I'm wondering if it's just a bad rumor other wise you should be able to order it now with that color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
Nope it is in the pamphlet from saturn as a premium color to be done later...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
804 Posts
deluke said:
Does any one know for sure that the bluestone will be a added color this year ???

From what I've been reading in thread's, it seem's that people are guessing...
Guessing??? We don't guess! Just expressing logical thoughts and ideas in a maner that can not be confirmed.:lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
deluke said:
Does any one know for sure that the bluestone will be a added color this year ???

From what I've been reading in thread's, it seem's that people are guessing.
Is there an official word from Saturn that bluestone will be available.

Some people are waiting to order to get bluestone, but is it just a rumor???????
We where told that Bluestone will be in production starting around the month of July for August deliveries. :thumbs:

:nono: NO, we can't place any orders in the GM system for Bluestone colors because is NOT showing up yet. :banghead: Believe me, I'm watching this very closely because our 1st RedLine order is a Bluestone and I have a few customers with deposits that we have NOT been able to enter in the system because of the Bluestone's Interim availability!!! :mad:

It'll come soon enough!!! :cool:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
We can put our yellow GXP's in, I wonder why they won't let you put in bluestone? The bluestone is such a great color.

Boy, SkySpy, you sure like those smilie's. Expecially :nono: this one.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
deluke said:
We can put our yellow GXP's in, I wonder why they won't let you put in bluestone? The bluestone is such a great color.

Boy, SkySpy, you sure like those smilie's. Expecially :nono: this one.:)
Deluke,
Can you get info regarding BlueStoner from your "connection" ?

(Not being sarcastic)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
richmcc said:
Deluke,
Can you get info regarding BlueStoner from your "connection" ?

(Not being sarcastic)
I was told they painted a few ( I assume pre-production Red Line) bluestone's but they call it steel blue. Said it looks really great and expect's it to come out with the Red Line's availability. But they are not positive, they will try to find out more info.

They have the Hot rod magazine V8 Solstice on display in the Willmington plant.Said it's awsum, it was built at the Corvette plant though no Willmington.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
I had posted after Memorial Day Weekend that I saw a Bluestone Sky (don't know if it was a Redline or not) driving around my neighborhood. Since I live so close to the plant, it was suggested that the person driving it was associated with GM/Saturn since they are not released. I can assure you, however, that is was DEFINITELY a bluestone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SKYtime said:
I had posted after Memorial Day Weekend that I saw a Bluestone Sky (don't know if it was a Redline or not) driving around my neighborhood. Since I live so close to the plant, it was suggested that the person driving it was associated with GM/Saturn since they are not released. I can assure you, however, that is was DEFINITELY a bluestone.
I'm sure it was one of the big shot's from GM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
He looked rather young. I'd guess early 40's. Don't know. Haven't seen the car since that weekend either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
We ordered the Bluestone 5/19

That's when we ordered it and were told "4 months" on delivery.

We haven't heard anything since then, and hubby's chomping at the bit.

CW
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
5,953 Posts
QuiltingDiva said:
That's when we ordered it and were told "4 months" on delivery.

We haven't heard anything since then, and hubby's chomping at the bit.

CW
Considering that Bluestone Skys are not being built yet and Salespeople the way they are I would say 4-5 months. If I were you I would get the order number in about 1 week and then read this forum for when BluestoneFinally comes out. For some odd reason this forum gets its information before the dealership ever does.....Skip...longtime poster and fervent reader of SKY ROADSTER.COM.....It has helped my reedin an speelin 2......:lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Bluestone - Update

OK, we contacted the dealer and yes, they are holding off on the bluestone color for the Redline release. Hubby changed the color to Graphite, with Black and red leather.

(I think I'll order garters for the luggage rack...geesh!!!)

cw
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top