Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arranged for a fellow "dyed in the wool" BMW Z3 / Z4 club member drive my Sky yesterday for about 20 miles over some extreme twisties. His comments after I changed my pants was, "WOW! This car runs like it is on rails."

Where have I heard that before? He followed up to say that "The shifter was smooth like butter and better than the Z3". I asked him how does he compare the handling and ride to the Z's. He said and I quote, "The Sky is superior."

As a former owwner of a Z3 and present owner of a Z4 and someone who can objectively compare the roasters is, My sentiments exactly. These Skys rock! Whether you know it or not, Skys / Solstices are a lot of car for the money.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Last weekend, I was stopped at a stop light and I had a guy in a BMW Z3 ask if I wanted to switch cars with him. How flattering! My mom was in my car with me and she got a kick out of it!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
skyfan said:
I arranged for a fellow "dyed in the wool" BMW Z3 / Z4 club member drive my Sky yesterday for about 20 miles over some extreme twisties. His comments after I changed my pants was, "WOW! This car runs like it is on rails."

Where have I heard that before? He followed up to say that "The shifter was smooth like butter and better than the Z3". I asked him how does he compare the handling and ride to the Z's. He said and I quote, "The Sky is superior."

As a former owwner of a Z3 and present owner of a Z4 and someone who can objectively compare the roasters is, My sentiments exactly. These Skys rock! Whether you know it or not, Skys / Solstices are a lot of car for the money.
Very cool! I get thumbs up from other roadsters (boxters mainly) but sometimes the z3/z4 owners think they have the right to give props also, and i happily accept.

As far as "WOW! This car runs like it is on rails." ... I believe if you watch Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman once more you'll recognize the line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts