Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The cover of the latest issue of Germany's AutoBild magazine features an artist's illustration of the forthcoming BMW Z2. While we don't have specific details on the rumor, the Z2 appears to be a small roadster slotted beneath the Z4 range. In May, AutoWeek and AutoCar reported BMW was working on a new roadster called the Z2, in addition to the much-rumored Z6. While it's almost certain a smaller roadster is under consideration at BMW, we suspect it may receive a name other than Z2. As previously noted by Leftlane News, BMW published the names Z1 and Z5 for opposition at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on January 17, 2006. Regardless of its name, the new roadster looks like it will introduce some new styling cues to BMW's design language, including some unusual 3D headlamps.

Auto Zeitung is also reporting in its latest issue that BMW is planning a Z2 for the 2009 model year. However, the report suggests a coupe model will also be offered.

source : leftlanenews

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
WHY do they always show yellow or red cars???? :willy: showing those colors chases me AWAY not towards a car

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
they did a study and found out putting red cars on magazine covers sold more issues. I think its a hold over from that.

Interesting BMW may be coming out with a cheaper Z4. I wonder if it too will be made in the US in South Carolina.

I hope their return to turbo engines makes it into the Z2.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
The more I see of the yellow SKY the more I like it
:thumbs:

·
Registered
59 Posts
bmw rules, but this must be around 50K....or more!
The Z4 is 45K. THis one has to be less than that price. I would think 30K - 35k.
Right where the Z3 was before they did the update to the Z4.

I think with more details I may not feel bad waiting for my SKY REDLINE. In fact if they give this the greenlight and a date (fall of 09?) I would be willing to wait.
Forgo the SKY REDLINE if Saturn (GM) continue to be such a pain with the price increases and ramping up.

Its always nice to have options. Plus it could help with getting some dealers to stop with the price markups.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Z2 - Z4

The Z4 is 45K. THis one has to be less than that price. I would think 30K - 35k.
Right where the Z3 was before they did the update to the Z4.
Its always nice to have options. Plus it could help with getting some dealers to stop with the price markups.
The Z2 will not replace the Z4 and will be smaller in dimensions with 4 cylinder engines and manual top. This is a follower of the Z3.

......................BMW Z2...................BMW Z4 new

Wheelbase.......2400 mm (95.5").........2500 mm (98.4")
Length............3900 mm (153.5").......4100 mm (161.4")
Height.............1250 mm (49.2").........1300 mm (51.2")
Width..............1750 mm (68.9").........1800 mm (70.9)

The reason is the low sales of the Z4, after a strong start now round about 35,000 cars per year. That is not what BMW expected and not so far away from a commercial flop.
The production of the Z2 is not finally deciced but would make sence as a competitor to MX5, Audi TT, SLK (4 cylinder) and maybe Solstice, Sky ....:)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Z2 Magoo!

Maybe they can take a clue from the Solstice look, mount it on a Mini-Cooper chassi and place two handsome clown in it driving.:jester:
They could actually go to the drawing board and throw out all the old designs and try a new approach, that would serve them a lot better. I'm worn thin on the Mr. Magoo nosed look.
Imaged KGKH3X 23/06/06
Built 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
4200 Shipped 8/14/06
At the dealer 8/30/06
In My garage!! 8/31/06
VIN#8059
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon