Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed something "new" today - if you have your SKY can you take a look at the footrest on the driver's side and tell us what you see? Are we missing a cover or piece? :confused: :confused: :confused: Thanks!

Bolt.JPG

closeup_bolt.JPG

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Paint it black! Although Saturn should have thought of that.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I didn't notice mine because the corner of the floormat was covering it.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for checking

OK so this is normal... sloppy to not finish it off with at least a plastic cap. We'll head over to the hardware store some day soon and customize this protruding bolt with a cap. Are any other bolts on the SKY exposed like this?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
one of the first things that was noticed on the Solstice, so it is something that is supposed to be there, but has never been a real problem to anyone....not really in the way or anything, just move your floormat over a little...
PS if you have a problem with the driver's side floormat moving, there are two hooks under the seat that the floomat is supposed to go over to keep it in place... they didn;t do that at the dealership when i got mine, i found them by accident when I was vacuuming it out....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
SkyHope said:
OK so this is normal... sloppy to not finish it off with at least a plastic cap.
:agree: That ugly bolt does look bad just sticking out there like that. That will surely bug the crap outta me to wanna cover it up with a plastic cap or something. What was Saturn thinking by not finishing off that bolt?!? :confused: I realize that it's only a bolt...but it just screams "cheap" when you see something like that. :banghead:

·
Registered
102 Posts
That ugly bolt does look bad just sticking out there like that. That will surely bug the crap outta me to wanna cover it up with a plastic cap or something. What was Saturn thinking by not finishing off that bolt?!? I realize that it's only a bolt...but it just screams "cheap" when you see something like that.
Makes me glad that I don't have to put up with customer crap like this. Don't EVER take a job where you have to deal with the American public.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
GMguy said:
Makes me glad that I don't have to put up with customer crap like this. Don't EVER take a job where you have to deal with the American public.
Say what you want...but I think customers have every right to complain about "crap" like this when paying 26K for a car. I'm not saying that a protruding bolt will 'make or break' my decision to take delivery of my Sky....I'm only saying that it just confirms that Saturn has some work to do on improving the future Sky.

And by the way...I already have a job dealing with the American public....so too late on that one.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
ggccg said:
I think the Sky has only one hole in the floormat to keep it from skidding about.
i am sure pretty sure mine has two, otherwise it would still want to move sideways, mine is very stable now...it was a few months ago but i will look again next time i think about it... the thing is if the floormat is positioned correctly you will never see the bolt... that is probably why they didn;t got o the expense of tidying it up... like i said it is on the Solstice too, and if they thought it was a problem or it has been a high complaint area it would have been changed by now...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I told Saturn ta put that bolt thar. See as I be agoin down tha backroads around here, drivin in my bear feet, I sometimes get an itch in my toebone an I hook my toe bone over that thar stud an give it a twist. Boy ya talk about relivin an itch. Why shur nough it be adoin tha trick. I guess because I asked Saturn ta do it, puttin that bolt thar an all they decided that everybody needed that dang bolt in their automobiles. So iffen ya want ta blame somebody blame me. ...Skip.... maybe iffen I warshed me feets more often that would not have happened.....:cool: :lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
nscrbug said:
And by the way...I already have a job dealing with the American public....so too late on that one.
Ditto... All my jobs have dealt with the public... and surprisingly, the only one that people question if it is really an emergency or not is where it is usually life or death... which is at 911.

For example... Customer Call Center for a large cable company. Someones cable is out due to a weather emergency... say it is out for almosrt 3 hours. In that 3 hours, we had multiple crews out in -20 degree weather oat 6am on a Sunday... so that it would be back on for them. These multiple crews were all called in of course, so they are getting overtime... plus there is the cost of gas and new cable lines.

So... cable gets fixed in less then three hours, we then get calls from customers saying they deserve one full month of service for free because they couldn't watch QVC or something... even after they are offered 2 - 3 days free... which is still more then they lost.

At 911, someone will call and say, well I am not sure if it is an emergency... but I just cut my leg off with a band saw... think I need to have it checked out??? Sure... it isn't THAT outrageous... but it is seriously pretty close.

Now onto a rant... lol...

They also say... cable costs too much... remember when it cost 10 bucks a month for 9 stations??? Well... that was back in the early 80's... and the service lacked. Now... you have 200 - 300 stations for 80 or so bucks... so price per station is less. They have a call center that is open 365 days a year. They will have a technician out to your location within 24 hours to fix a cable outage at one location at NO extra cost *and you get a refund for time lost*... And within an hour or two if it is an area wide outage, plus if asked you can probably get a day or two off your bill.

If your service isn't working properly... the tech still comes out for free, even if it is found to be a problem with your VCR. If it is already known to be that from conversations with the customer before hand, and explaining to them over the phone for free how to fix it doesn't work, they get charged for the visit. Only time they do.

Now, before someone says... dish is cheaper. Not always... and either way, the technicians in this area are only in town once a week... and unless you buy Service Protection at an extra monthly cost, you pay up to 80 bucks for a service call. Since you own the dish equipment, if your box dies... you have to by a new one. Cable here, since you rent it, if your box dies... you get a new one... no more no less...

End rant for now... :jester:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SkyMan 07 said:
... the thing is if the floormat is positioned correctly you will never see the bolt...
Well our bolt is a good finger width above the floor mat. You could lift the mat up and it would hang on the bolt, covering it up temporarily. To each his own. We prefer to put a few cents into covering it up as the bolt does protrude about 3/4" and the end is a bit pointy. We're not concerned enough to cut it off. Capping it will be our first customization!!!!:jester:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
On mine, you cannot see the bolt unless you put the floor mat under it. If you install the floor mat over the bolt, it stays over the bolt unless you apply a fair amount of pressure with a finger to push it down underneath the bolt.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
My floor mat, at least, has just one hole and one hook under the seat to keep it in place and it does a fine job of it. There's really no place for the mat to go side to side. The hook just keeps it from scooting forward.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anybody besides me wonder why Saturn didn't use a shorter bolt in this location? Or is it deliberately longish to have the mat hang on it? I'm curious as it seems a shorter bolt would work.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
SkyHope said:
Anybody besides me wonder why Saturn didn't use a shorter bolt in this location? Or is it deliberately longish to have the mat hang on it? I'm curious as it seems a shorter bolt would work.
They probably just had an extra 20 or 30 thousand of them laying about.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts